[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

I had no complaints about team selection.Performance,well,thats a different matter.

tavernier at right back

no toral but andy halliday

3 centre forwards and the best of those on the left wing?

the selection was like a sick joke

Read again. I said luck is part (sic!) of the game. It is not the only part, but one we lack throughout the season. Or make that breaks if you will. And yes, the opposition got it more often than we did. Take thet Tav foul that never was against Aberdeen, from which they snatched a winner. Take today's clearance by Gordon that is handled by two Yahoos on the ground yet there is no penalty. Take Wes managing to get to the penalty yet it goes in off the post. Take Dodoo's shot against the post against Aberdeen and Miller's header being cleared off the line. We had similar stuff all season. And a lot of players making the wrong decision or managing to hit the only thing that stopped them from scoring. Help yourself to the highlights of our games this season and you will notice this ... time and again. It is one of a variety of reasons why we lagged behind this season.

And, BTW, a cohort is more than a military unit and you find one or two right in agreement with your quote above.

Edit: Sorry, thought you were saying I was a member of a group who had decided to think this way, not that there were people agreeing with what I said. (Which I am now presuming was the intent)

Trying to get back to football:

"And a lot of players making the wrong decision or managing to hit the only thing that stopped them from scoring." - yes, that's right. It isn't ill luck, it is bad play! That's what I have been saying while you have been calling it "ill luck". Thank you for now agreeing that it is: "a lot of players making the wrong decision or managing to hit the only thing that stopped them from scoring".

Edited by SteveC

Obviously the players were told they were doing it pre-match?

Are we talking about the players and fans observing minutes silence before the kick off? Looked like they were told they were doing it and the referee (Willie Coullum) decided against it as the Rabids would not respect it.

He has to turn up at school for his work tomorrow after all....

Edited by cooponthewing

We could have had Ronaldo up front instead of Garner, it wouldn't have made one iota of a difference. Garner was isolated, we stood off them for forty minutes and let them grow very comfortable into the game, if we had pressed them and got the ball forward i can understand the criticism of Garner if he wasn't performing, but if he's up front with no or very little service blaming him for a bad performance is unfair, i think he was substituted for a change of formation rather than him being bad, but i could be wrong

I thought he also did a very poor job at chasing the ball down. He looked very static.

Read again. I said luck is part (sic!) of the game. It is not the only part, but one we lack throughout the season. Or make that breaks if you will. And yes, the opposition got it more often than we did. Take thet Tav foul that never was against Aberdeen, from which they snatched a winner. Take today's clearance by Gordon that is handled by two Yahoos on the ground yet there is no penalty. Take Wes managing to get to the penalty yet it goes in off the post. Take Dodoo's shot against the post against Aberdeen and Miller's header being cleared off the line. We had similar stuff all season. And a lot of players making the wrong decision or managing to hit the only thing that stopped them from scoring. Help yourself to the highlights of our games this season and you will notice this ... time and again. It is one of a variety of reasons why we lagged behind this season.

And, BTW, a cohort is more than a military unit and you find one or two right in agreement with your quote above.

Or take Rogic's shot that hit the post instead of going in.

You are trying to look at luck in isolation to us. But it doesn't work like that.

Edited by craig

We could have had Ronaldo up front instead of Garner, it wouldn't have made one iota of a difference. Garner was isolated, we stood off them for forty minutes and let them grow very comfortable into the game, if we had pressed them and got the ball forward i can understand the criticism of Garner if he wasn't performing, but if he's up front with no or very little service blaming him for a bad performance is unfair, i think he was substituted for a change of formation rather than him being bad, but i could be wrong

Could we try that next week, just to see if you are right? ;)

tavernier at right back

no toral but andy halliday

3 centre forwards and the best of those on the left wing?

the selection was like a sick joke

With hindsight you are right.Dont think it would have made much difference who we played.

It would have been different faces watching them play round us.If we cant fight we wont win.They wanted it more----they did.(even though they are better than us)

I was very confident going but that evaporated once I heard the team. Some very strange choices. Well beaten today by a far superior team in every department, that's the harsh reality for me

Yeh, I agree. It was a strange team and formation. My heart literally sank when I heard Halliday was in front of Toral.

Edited by cooponthewing