[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

And that is damning him with faintest of faint praise.

The fact remains that he is poor defensively, as a rule, a foible related to lack of concentration/attention, and a rather child like, undisciplined desire to race up the park and score, or assist in a goal.

If I was to choose a word for today's misadventure, it would be BEREFT.....

Bereft of ideas, of style, of touch, of pace, of skill, of nous, of drive, of ability.....

and, thus, leaving the support almost bereft of hope.

Well,at least someone understands.

None of us are happy about the game today but only you are becoming confrontational with people expressing their own views. We're all fans here. I would suggest just keeping it to yourself if you can't take part without veering into confrontational attitudes which change nothing.

Go away.Im not in the mood to defend imcompotence.

Bates & Beerman did ok today and the experience will do them both good for the future, I thought the game was lost in midfield, our players can play much better than they did and that is the biggest disappointment for me!, however I thought C****c played well and deserved to win, we had a couple of chances late on but really they dominated the match.

Bates & Beerman did ok today and the experience will do them both good for the future, I thought the game was lost in midfield, our players can play much better than they did and that is the biggest disappointment for me!, however I thought C****c played well and deserved to win, we had a couple of chances late on but really they dominated the match.

They had 70/75 mins of the match. We had the rest. Not much to brag about, really.

Youre fucking right im angry----after that dross.Start playing after the games over ----fuck that.

You should probably take a break from the computer G. Clearly you are emotional, frustrated and angry.

It isn't serving you any favours bringing it on here though my friend.

You are becoming confrontational and that isn't really you :thup:

The Scum were all over us for the best part of 75 mins, and killed a good spell for us straight after HT with that penalty (which Collum took as gladly as Halliday's yellow, but that's just MHO). We hardly put them under any sort of pressure and were essentially chasing shadows and the ball, rather than showing any attempts at playing football. But, hate them or not, that was also because the Scum pressed us hard and played some good passing football, finding spaces galore. Given that, our young defenders did rather well, as did Wilson. When we started playing football, they did look vulnerable at the back and that is something we should exploit next week. If you let them come at you like today, they will sure punish you time and again.

Well,at least someone understands.

You are mistaken.

Everyone understands that Tavernier is not a particularly good defender. We ALL know that.

It seems you are the one who doesn't understand. The point being made is that Tavernier was our best player today (according to some, I never watched the game so cant judge) and you immediately go off on one. Now, it may be, as Uilleam says, it is faint praise but that doesn't mean he wasn't our best player.

The other point being made is that by calling players useless, or not Rangers class, or get rid of them, solves absolutely nothing. It certainly won't help them perform any better or suddenly make them better players. Every single player in football is a victim of his own limits. It just so happens that the players we currently have are mostly limited. But we also need to remember that we are still financially crippled, we are financially years and years behind Celtic.

When a team can spend more on one player than we can on our whole squad then you see the imbalance financially. That imbalance is not insurmountable but it is very, very difficult.