Turning shame into success: Rangers v Celtic

And who would "those" be? Diehard bluenoses with tens of millions to gift to the club (which is pretty much what we mean by "investing") aren't exactly growing on trees. It's five long years since 2012. They've yet to be discovered. It's hard to see how else funding could be attracted to Scottish football unless one were to illegally near kill and cripple the only other runner in a two horse race and nail them to the floor to arrange an annual shot at Champ's League dosh. Dosh you get even on a technicality after being hammered on the pitch.

I agree with the substance of what you are saying. As far back us 2010 John Gilligan tried to get a bunch of HNW Members on board but not one would step up to the plate.

Leaving personalities aside if some Chinese or Arab multi billionaire came along with some loose change to invest for the kudos of owning Rangers and perhaps marketing in their country but didn't want day to day involvement would that be acceptable?

In other words much like DK but with a lot more money but not a "Rangers man" what would your view be?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

If rbr's posts are to be believed and I have no reason to doubt him, the Board are at loggerheads and something or someone has to give or we will make no progress in the foreseeable future.

We must find significant new investment and if the current board members are unwilling or unable to provide the necessary funding they should make way for those who can.

Did they all not say they are Rangers men who are only there for the good of the Club? If that is truly the case they should also recognise when tbey need to step aside.

To rbr/BH,

I keep reading these suggestions but I've got no idea who these likely replacements are. Do they have the millions ready to throw into the club? Do they have a better plan that the existing shareholders?

I continue to be suspicious of these stories and can only think that they are 'leaked' to destabilise the club further. I do get rather suspicious of your motives in this regard but that's just perhaps I don't know you. If others didn't know you, I'd be thinking you're a daily record journo in disguise. ;-)

As for loggerheads in the boardroom, that's where the arguments and debates should take place. The board room is the place to thrash around ideas and argue what routes are the best to achieve the overall objective. A board need only agree on the goal. A board that agrees on everything else is disfunctional. Once again, if someone is leaking confidential board room discussions and outcomes, it is that person who should be the focus of any criticism. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who mouths off about team/board affairs to the outside world and I'd want them out before anyone else. This cowardly behaviour is pathetic and needs to stop. The sooner we have these people weeded from our club and boardroom, the sooner we will progress.

As I asked at the start, please can you tell us who these multi millionaire supporters are that plan to replace DK? If they exist and have a plan, I'm sure all supporters would be right behind them, DK included.

I agree with the substance of what you are saying. As far back us 2010 John Gilligan tried to get a bunch of HNW Members on board but not one would step up to the plate.

Leaving personalities aside if some Chinese or Arab multi billionaire came along with some loose change to invest for the kudos of owning Rangers and perhaps marketing in their country but didn't want day to day involvement would that be acceptable?

In other words much like DK but with a lot more money but not a "Rangers man" tbatvwould your view be?

That would be interesting but a massive risk. What happens when that Chinese businessman becomes bored? If Abramovic decided he wanted out of Chelsea, they'd be finished. Maybe it would be worth the risk just to ride high for a few years, but what legacy would we leave our kids? I have to say though, if that was on the table it would certainly have me thinking about it, providing their motives were clear and as long as it was a 'donation' to the club. I'd hate to think it was someone out to fleece supporters or other suppliers of the club. After MA, those types of deals are a non starter for me, no matter how much money they had.

Edited by Gaffer

That would be interesting but a massive risk. What happens when that Chinese businessman becomes bored? If Abramovic decided he wanted out of Chelsea, they'd be finished. Maybe it would be worth the risk just to ride high for a few years, but what legacy would we leave our kids? I have to say though, if that was on the table it would certainly have me thinking about it, providing their motives were clear and as long as it was a 'donation' to the club. I'd hate to think it was someone out to fleece supporters or other suppliers of the club. After MA, those types of deals are a non starter for me, no matter how much money they had.

Never mind Ashley - I'll raise you David Murray.

To rbr/BH,

I keep reading these suggestions but I've got no idea who these likely replacements are. Do they have the millions ready to throw into the club? Do they have a better plan that the existing shareholders?

I continue to be suspicious of these stories and can only think that they are 'leaked' to destabilise the club further. I do get rather suspicious of your motives in this regard but that's just perhaps I don't know you. If others didn't know you, I'd be thinking you're a daily record journo in disguise. ;-)

Come along and meet us at the dinner on the 13th. :party3:

In other words much like DK but with a lot more money but not a "Rangers man" what would your view be?

I think in our situation that is a rhetorical question, tbh. The only alternative is them laughing at us forever - unless there's some scenario that we've all missed. I am nearing 60 and would like us to be where we should be before I go...... Without serious money to get us to a point where we can gain serious money from Europe that is hard to envisage.

Of course Scotland may lose its Champions League access in any case. That'd be another avenue closed.

Edited by SteveC

Finally watched back the goals.

Some really poor stuff from the midfield. Looks like a combination of unwillingness to track back and complete disorganization later in the game.

Tavernier also manages to get caught out of position for a couple of the goals.

Beerman made a terrible mistake for the opener but that sort of thing will happen when you play an inexperienced player.