Turning shame into success: Rangers v Celtic

Yes we don't like discussing other forums as it is mostly personal things that depict whether you like it or not. As the late great Johan Cruijff said "Every positive has a negative and every negative has a positive" To many that will be the same on here.

really?

is this just an inclination or something more?

I'm the last person to put up anything anybody could consider "inside information", even if nowadays I still had access to any. Our club has been damaged enough by speculation, rumour, downright lies, or scraps passed on by blabbermouths. It's just a pity that some bears on other forums don't do the same.

Dave King is fast becoming toxic, bluenose that he may well be. The campaign pointing out his faults has already reached the SFA - and we all know who's in charge of football in this country. In my opinion it's only a matter of time before "integrity" becomes the buzzword again. The vital point will be whether the rest of the board can find the funding to pay Dave as I don't for one second believe he'll walk away again leaving his wallet behind.

Again, in my opinion and based solely on my interpretation of what seems to be going on behind the scenes, either King or others may well move on soon.

I'll be very happy if they all remain. But I don't see that happening.

If rbr's posts are to be believed and I have no reason to doubt him, the Board are at loggerheads and something or someone has to give or we will make no progress in the foreseeable future.

We must find significant new investment and if the current board members are unwilling or unable to provide the necessary funding they should make way for those who can.

Did they all not say they are Rangers men who are only there for the good of the Club? If that is truly the case they should also recognise when tbey need to step aside.

posted on here a while back that it's £5m plus any income from sales. That has been the plan for a while

Think Gilmour is £100k upfront then add ons though tbh

Where is the £5m coming from?

I look at the Celtic midfield - Brown, Armstrong and McGregor... not exactly Ferguson, De Boer and Van Bronkhorst.

This Celtic team are good - but are not world beaters by any stretch.

Never mind Albertz, Reina, Tugay.....

If rbr's posts are to be believed and I have no reason to doubt him, the Board are at loggerheads and something or someone has to give or we will make no progress in the foreseeable future.

We must find significant new investment and if the current board members are unwilling or unable to provide the necessary funding they should make way for those who can.

Did they all not say they are Rangers men who are only there for the good of the Club? If that is truly the case they should also recognise when tbey need to step aside.

And who would "those" be? Diehard bluenoses with tens of millions to gift to the club (which is pretty much what we mean by "investing") aren't exactly growing on trees. It's five long years since 2012. They've yet to be discovered. It's hard to see how else funding could be attracted to Scottish football unless one were to illegally near kill and cripple the only other runner in a two horse race and nail them to the floor to arrange an annual shot at Champ's League dosh. Dosh you get even on a technicality after being hammered on the pitch.

Edited by SteveC

And who would "those" be? Diehard bluenoses with tens of millions to gift to the club (which is pretty much what we mean by "investing") aren't exactly growing on trees. It's five long years since 2012. They've yet to be discovered.

There may be a few more Whytes and Greens out there though.