Rangers v Aberdeen Match Preview

His role was secondary striker, and we had not one really creative player* on the park in the second half ... and neither of us will rate Halliday or Holt as a more creative MF/player than Miller. Thus he went back in the latter stages (probably his batteries were down a little) and played deeper looking for the ball to spray about. That's how I saw it ... and I for one would not say he failed in there. . . .

Nope, he was center midfield.

Miller was essentially the secondary striker and collected the balls deep to spray them about, as Bates' long balls hardly found a target (which is no criticism). This allowed Windass to play further up the park and he was good there.

If anything, I couldn't understand why Dodoo and not Toral was replaced with Waghorn, for Dodoo at least did something with the ball, if he got it. That was probably the worst performance from Toral all season and based on that, I doubt he will see much football in Gunner-land at all next year.

Dodoo was useless. Toral is back to being useless.

Change to 4-5-1, Garner with Miller centrally behind, McKay and Dodoo on the wings plus Holt and Waghorn on to gives us at least some presence and workload.

Holt didn't play either.

:confused:

Edited by ranger_syntax

That was poor again.

I don't want to criticise the two center backs but the combination of two inexperienced center backs and Toral is a bad one.

I don't really like the midfield trio at all either. Windass contributed some positive stuff in attack but is a luxury player. Miller tries hard but is clearly unsuited to the role. I don't think I need to say any more about Toral.

Once more I'll say that the manager needs to make some good signings soon. This squad is far too weak.

Positives: Wilson was composed and solid for most of the match. Beerman and Waghorn made a positive impact off the bench.

Negatives: Despite his assist Windass hid for much of the game. I don't rate him at all. Fine play for the goal but overall he's not good enough... Toral was truly awful though the jeers when he was subbed off were unnecessary.

Man of Match: the fan that bolted up the copland front stairs with the match ball. Would like to see him on the wing. Terrifying pace.