Rangers v Aberdeen Match Preview

Nope, he was center midfield.

He was playing behind Garner in a 4-3-3. That is secondary striker in central midfield, if you like. Miller was moving about a lot in the first half, while Toral was usually trying to do the CM job and taking the ball and spraying passes. He failed. When he went off, Miller took a more deeper role and did better there than Toral. As in: people change positions in games and we do have - in front of the back line - a lot of positional changes throughout a game. Just look at McKay.

Holt didn't play either.

That was what I would have changed at HT, Toral and Windass (pretty useless up to that point) off, and Waghorn and Holt (to quote myself) ...

on to gives us at least some presence and workload.

Not that hard to discern.

Edited by der Berliner

Windass is hopeless! On a sour note is was sad to hear Toral being booed by some when going off.

I am aware he isn't setting the heather on fire however we shouldn't be booing our own players, any of them. These people should stay away, imo they are not welcome at Ibrox!

Windass is hopeless! On a sour note is was sad to hear Toral being booed by some when going off.

I am aware he isn't setting the heather on fire however we shouldn't be booing our own players, any of them. These people should stay away, imo they are not welcome at Ibrox!

I thought it was Pedro getting the bird for the stupid substitution as Toral wasn't great but he was miles better than the other two in midfield tonight up to that point. Not good whatever way you look at it.

Well that was utter gash, the first half we set up all wrong, Aberdeen were for stronger and chased ever ball, it didn't help our cause that Toral was determined to give the Sheep as much help as he could for them to score. Honestly i'll drive that man back from whence he came, complete dross.

The only bit of light i can see is we have a few good lads coming through, the four who played tonight would get a start from me on Sunday.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I'm not one to jump on bandwagons etc but I'm a bit confused by the whole thing really. In an, according to the manager, must win match at home he plays a group of kids in defence (regardless if they were competent or not). Clint Hill in what is presumably his last game for the club is fielded as injured. Unless of course Clint has told him tae fak off you'd have to ask Clint to give you at least a decent 45. In doing so he can walk out to the fans, take his due applause for services rendered, and be Clint Hill in defence for 45 mins. The midfield was completely over run as a 3 against 5 with no alteration from the manager. As I say I'm bamboozled with that whole situation there.

Happy birthday, Gribz! Careful not to mix with the ladyboys after the cocktails this time though! :champs:

Mate the ladyboys were gorgeous :D Im never mixing tequilla with vodka again though.

But that performance was a bit of a kick in the teeth and hurts a bit that they won at Ibrox. A lot to address for net season.

Difficult to be positive but we wanted to see kids play and we had more than a few feature last night. Sure they made the odd mistake but I think all four of them (Beerman, Bates, Wilson and Barjonas) did well for most part and on another night we might have managed an unlikely draw.

In general though, I don't think I've seen such a powderpuff Rangers midfield (and team generally). We're slow, we don't anticipate, we're pushed off the ball, we don't tackle, we dive in, we stand off and we can't do the most basic of things.

Yes, that comes down to the players but the coaching looks equally poor. Lots of questions and I don't see many answers.

It happens every game, nothing new

Last home game of the season, though. That's usually special. And I feel sorry for Hill not getting any send off at all.

I know it's not a big thing in the mountain of worries that we have but I am damn annoyed that they've ended the run of not winning at Ibrox.

Edited by SteveC