Rangers v Aberdeen Match Preview

I think the main problem is that the players themselves are simply not good enough. They ARE good enough to show the required quality on occasion, but not to do it consistently.

This being the case, no manager will be able to improve them. Comparisons have been made to when Brenda arrived across the city.....the main difference being they already had decent-good players, it's just that they weren't performing - they had spent notable cash sums over the years on those players.

Our situation is different. We have a very constricted income streams & therefore are very restricted on the players we can bring in. Over the past few years, the standard of player has increased, and hopefully will take another step forward this summer window.

Simply being back in the top flight will have increased our revenue stream again, which allows more cash for players.

PC needs to bring in Quality over quantity. Any players that come in must offer a much higher level of consistency that what we currently have. Everyone says that the league title is a marathon, not a sprint.....we have shown this season that we can perform in the odd sprint, but overall, we're more geared for middle distance running - That MUST change. We have shown that we can beat the rest & give Ceptic a scare or two, now we must be able to do it consistently & renew the oppositions fear of playing us.

Another thing that PC must ensure is that any new players understand the game & have a technical competency - PC likes detail & technical analysis.....if the players are unable to grasp what he's talking about & how he wants them to play, they it simply won't work. The players need to fully understand the theory before implementing the practical. A player can have all the tricks etc, but it's useless if he cannae tie his own shoe laces..

Last nights game simply highlighted that our current team does not have the overall skill level to maintain the higher standard required.

Windass & Tav have certainly come across as players who are below the standard required - they can show glimpses of brilliance, but are unable to maintain consistency. Tav was outstanding last season in the Championship, which I believe is close to his level. Windass would have probably been the same. Garner, IMHO, is a waste of space. I have seen nothing from him that indicates he is going to be regular goal threat. Jury's still out on Dodoo for me. I thought the young last have come in, done well & will hopefully be given the chance to improve and show PC that they can be part of his plans going forward. They have definitely NOT been any worse or inconsistent that any of the players they have replaced. Young Barjonas look positive.

He inherited a rather straitened squad, with injuries adding to the problem, and one assembled to play Warburton's system.

A lot of the players are journeymen, good enough for 3rd in the SPL, but no more.

Recruitment of players from lower leagues means that they are likely to be limited technically, and also tactically, the teams in these leagues not being regarded as sophisticated in that regard.

What is noticeable is the rather effete way they approach games, with little in the way of competitive spirit, far less grunt, drive, and hard yards. I think that this can be laid at Warburton's door.

I think that PC is damned if he does something, and damned if he doesn't. For example, he may flood the midfield with players he sees (and we know) are a little short of required standards, and will be criticised for so doing; or vice versa.

I think that we will only see if he is worth his salt next season, after modification of the squad.

I would say, in his favour, is that he is a serious minded intellectual coach, and on that basis I should expect the development teams to produce players with a higher degree of tactical education and nous than has maybe been the case in the past. We may also see some of them attaining and maintaining a place in the 1st XI.

Some people will not be happy, including those who do not have Rangers' interests at heart, until Derek McInnes is installed as Manager. I don't know why; he has had several years to build a squad, and his side is no nearer challenging the fhilth than it has been since Ferguson.

Last night was awful, roll on Sunday and we can put this terrible season to bed. Losing 5-1 to them twice in a season, losing 4-1 to a hearts team that couldn't get Europe twice, watching them go unbeaten and probably winning a treble and add in losing the Aberdeen record. This season can do one. Last night was torture to watch at times. We essentially had no midfield. I'm not sure ive seen a clear game plan since Pedro came in and unless we have an excellent summer transfer window then we will be lucky to finish above Aberdeen next season.

Miller in midfield, I understand hes our best player but he's way more effective in attack. Toral is as slow as a week in the jail, that boys gonna tumble down the divisions once he returns to Arsenal. McKay, on his day the best player in the country, unfortunately its rarely his day lately and he doesn't particularly care anyways. Go out and earn a bumper deal Barrie. Windass geeing up the crowd when we go 2 down, eh Josh, you've not done a thing so far, think that headband might be a little too tight round his head. Dodoo went missing. So many of our team just aren't interested in any sort of physical battle. Crowd the midfield and rough us up and you'll leave with 3 points.

I thought the young boys were good though. Especially Beerman. Wasn't afraid to take a man on and on a couple of occasions I was hoping he'd have a ping but that'll come. 2 CB's were solid enough and Barjonas looked composed when he came on. I'd give all the kids a go on Sunday as they cant be as bad as the so called pro's that should be helping them!

Bates - 20

Wilson - 18

Beerman - 18

Dodoo - 21

Toral - 22

McKay - 22

Windass - 23

Barjonas - 18

Considering how young our team was last night, we did ok.

That's very interesting when you see it like that. I have to admit that I'm very surprised at Barjonas. He looks way more mature than an 18 year old and should be a very exciting prospect for us. I'm so pleased to see a manager at long last giving youth a chance.

Bates - 20

Wilson - 18

Beerman - 18

Dodoo - 21

Toral - 22

McKay - 22

Windass - 23

Barjonas - 18

No, we didn't do OK.

Bates - 20

Wilson - 18

Beerman - 18

Dodoo - 21

Toral - 22

McKay - 22

Windass - 23

Barjonas - 18

we really didn't

and those saying those youngsters did ok is total fabrication

fod stopped that being a mauling last night