Rangers v Aberdeen Match Preview

I only saw the last 35 minutes but I thought Beerman and Barjonas looked more than decent.

Agreed but overall we were so far from OK that it was frightening. The first half and the beginning of the second were pure horror. Not only no skill but no heart, no effort. A lot of cowardice and laziness was on display. It was Fod and Miller v them, basically though the youngsters were easily the best of the rest. Some of the others' individual performances were truly deplorable. To say you got a skewed view of the match is putting it very mildly.

Well timed, though!

Edited by SteveC

At what point do we start to accept that a mistake has been made with the appointment of our current manager? Do we accept the evidence of our own eyes that he's tactically inept, slow to change formations and seems unable to motivate and communicate with players? Or should we wait until he's spent our summer transfer budget on players his successor might not want?

I'd be willing to give him time if I could discern even the slightest clue as to what he's trying to do, but his formations are puzzling and tactics currently seem to involve a long ball to Garner for a knock-on. I'm sorry but Pedro Caixinho was a mistake and we'd be better grasping that nettle now rather than in six months time.

I'll reserve judgment until he has his own players in.

Warburton has left a weak, and totally unbalanced, squad behind.

It's utterly sickening that Warburton has left us with such a rotten squad of players when you look at what McCoist left us with!

I very much wish we had went with McCall for stability and knowledge foremost before we ended up with Warburton...but that bus left before many of us got on board.

Caixinha better get his arse in gear quickly or it'll get kicked out the door before you can say allymccoistmarkwarburton!

Too many buses being missed since 2012.

Trying to put a positive spin on it...MW provided the club with another stepping stone, which allowed us to finish 3rd in out 1st season back in the SPFL. It is evident now that the current squad is NOT capable of doing much better than that.

PC now needs to build on that again to assemble a squad that is firstly capable of really cementing that position as an absolute minimum, but secondly (more importantly) pushing us into a much more comfortable 2nd place & ideally pushing Ceptic an awful lot more that anyone did this season.

Next season I would expect us to be pushing for 50% of the points from the OF games and keeping that points gap to a much more realistic figure.

It's all about building step by step....if we try to run before we can walk, the results could be disastrous.

Trying to put a positive spin on it...MW provided the club with another stepping stone, which allowed us to finish 3rd in out 1st season back in the SPFL. It is evident now that the current squad is NOT capable of doing much better than that.

PC now needs to build on that again to assemble a squad that is firstly capable of really cementing that position as an absolute minimum, but secondly (more importantly) pushing us into a much more comfortable 2nd place & ideally pushing Ceptic an awful lot more that anyone did this season.

Next season I would expect us to be pushing for 50% of the points from the OF games and keeping that points gap to a much more realistic figure.

It's all about building step by step....if we try to run before we can walk, the results could be disastrous.

Take out the young bloods who played on Wednesday and some who are almost ready to breakthrough to the first team, i would have a massive clearout. Almost the entire current squad, there is very few who have the quality to challenge, never mind the tims but the Sheep or even Hivs next season.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Thats the isssue with loan players. To much to lose and little to care about.

I agree with you on this one but the Newcastle loans were a stitch- up and I still say Vuckic was good for us as was Hyndman initially. I think it was unfair to think Hyndman a 20 year old could carry us through a half season. Roberts of them proves that it can be positive. Every player you sign whether fast or loan holds a risk.