Rangers v Aberdeen Match Preview

As sad as this night ends, the Sheep needed 40 attempts to snatch all three at Ibrox, including them fielding a full-strength side in an essentially meaningless game and a cup final to come ... and a Rangers team half made up of youngsters and people who have hardly played with one another.

Beerman sure got some balls, Barjonas sure didn't looked fazed by the surroundings, Bates and Wilson stood up well against experienced Premiership attackers. Windass (23) and McKay (21) still have a good future for them, while you have to admire The Old Fox.

You would hope that PC gives Youth a chance next season still, despite 7 to 9 people on the menue.

I still don't get what PC is trying to do!, Miller in CM again?, Dodoo looks like he scared all the time, I thought Wes kept us in the game and the youngsters did well, a lot of work to be done on this squad but then we knew that!

I saw the last 20 minutes and it was not a Rangers team as I know it but Pedro using it almost like you'd use a pre-season friendly. I assume he will be able to use this as a lever for the board to stump up.

Still a bit surprised by the amount of long balls though.

I still don't get what PC is trying to do!, Miller in CM again?, Dodoo looks like he scared all the time, I thought Wes kept us in the game and the youngsters did well, a lot of work to be done on this squad but then we knew that!

Miller was essentially the secondary striker and collected the balls deep to spray them about, as Bates' long balls hardly found a target (which is no criticism). This allowed Windass to play further up the park and he was good there.

If anything, I couldn't understand why Dodoo and not Toral was replaced with Waghorn, for Dodoo at least did something with the ball, if he got it. That was probably the worst performance from Toral all season and based on that, I doubt he will see much football in Gunner-land at all next year.

Miller was essentially the secondary striker and collected the balls deep to spray them about, as Bates' long balls hardly found a target (which is no criticism). This allowed Windass to play further up the park and he was good there.

If anything, I couldn't understand why Dodoo and not Toral was replaced with Waghorn, for Dodoo at least did something with the ball, if he got it. That was probably the worst performance from Toral all season and based on that, I doubt he will see much football in Gunner-land at all next year.

Nope!, I think you will find he was sitting in CM!, unless my eyes deceived me?, regardless he is a striker/attacker and we had midfielders on the bench!, crazy

Nope!, I think you will find he was sitting in CM!, unless my eyes deceived me?, regardless he is a striker/attacker and we had midfielders on the bench!, crazy

His role was secondary striker, and we had not one really creative player* on the park in the second half ... and neither of us will rate Halliday or Holt as a more creative MF/player than Miller. Thus he went back in the latter stages (probably his batteries were down a little) and played deeper looking for the ball to spray about. That's how I saw it ... and I for one would not say he failed in there. BTW, we had all 3 subs committed ...

* ... more often than not, McKay flatters to deceive in that creative MF role, not least with physical oponents about. Hence that remark.

Edited by der Berliner