This is running arms and legs - yet is there any actual link that he is being considered?

Reece Oxford is being let go out on loan again for next season by West Ham, Im pretty sure Warburton tried to get him in January. He would be a scoop if we could get him for a season. He would slot nicely next to Alves or could play the holding midfielder role. Our loans have been good over the last 2 seasons - Ball and Hyndman have done well in the midfield.

I am against the idea of fading 'legends' (whatever) returning, as a rule. It rarely ends happily, and I think that such manoevres often are designed for PR and retail purposes.

With PC in charge it would be counter productive to attempt to turn the clock back, or to ask/require him to do so.

PC has yet to show he has a scooby about how to manage a football team or get them playing to a standard befitting of them and to be honest I wouldn't mind if his name is at the top of the list of people to leave the club. He has clearly bitten off more than he can chew.

PC has yet to show he has a scooby about how to manage a football team or get them playing to a standard befitting of them and to be honest I wouldn't mind if his name is at the top of the list of people to leave the club. He has clearly bitten off more than he can chew.

That might be what you see clearly Pete. What I see clearly is a man who has the passion and desire that we've not had for some time. He hasn't proven anything yet, but deserves the time to do so. What he has done though is blooded some youngsters, and started the process of clearing out those that are not up to standard. What else can he do? I'm honestly embarrassed by our support sometimes. We've got so many "experts" in football opining on someone who has only been in charge a short time. I'd like to think we are better than that. With "supporters" like ours, the guy doesn't need enemies.

Haven't commented on this thread yet but it is certainly an interesting read and quite polarising.

I liked Naismith as a player, thought he was very badly advised to do "the presser" and he is most certainly head and shoulders above anything we currently have.

As a rule I dont like players coming back, especially ones who wanted to leave (as opposed to sold), so if we could get someone of similar quality at a similar price without that baggage I would probably prefer that - noting that is going to be far from easy.

For all the criticism of Pedro I have thrown at him, it is really an impossible task he has ahead over the next month to try to completely strip and rebuild an entire squad. It would be difficult enough in a normal summer with a 10-12 week window to work in, but he will be judged on our Euro results like it or not, and this does not give him anywhere near enough time to do all the wheeling and dealing required. With this in mind a signing like Naismith might be a safer option given he knows the club and the expectations and will fit right in without any problem.

I hope Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson have had their holidays or are happy to wait until September because there is not a minute to waste!

That might be what you see clearly Pete. What I see clearly is a man who has the passion and desire that we've not had for some time. He hasn't proven anything yet, but deserves the time to do so. What he has done though is blooded some youngsters, and started the process of clearing out those that are not up to standard. What else can he do? I'm honestly embarrassed by our support sometimes. We've got so many "experts" in football opining on someone who has only been in charge a short time. I'd like to think we are better than that. With "supporters" like ours, the guy doesn't need enemies.

90% of the time a new manager will improve a team even if only for a short while. Even with a new manager you should be able to see the shape of the way he wants to play. In the 2 games I saw live(which does let you see far more than the telly) I never saw any structure whatsoever. I also never got from the telly how lazy Toral is. Thankfully he will be leaving back for Arsenal where he will disappear into the realms of the lower leagues or the Spanish 2nd division.

Hes only stating his honest opinion,nothing more nothing less.(just like you have done).

Hes only stating his honest opinion,nothing more nothing less.(just like you have done).

That's fair. I think we are all frustrated and desperate at the same time for our club to return to the top. Apologies Pete. You're wrong, but I shouldn't have put it in those terms ;-)

It's the players. He has an effete group of 2nd raters, bequeathed by Warburton.

Lobbing Naismith into that mix will not help, particularly as he is likely to be on the largest salary.