And how many games did our other players have in Euro 16? How many games have most players had in Europe 16?

You really couldn't make this stuff up. We must have the most negative support in the world. I despair sometimes. We get the chance of a really good centre half with tons of experience and a winner of many titles, and we write him off before he's even been confirmed. I come on to these forums because I enjoy the chat, but some of the negativity would drive anyone to alcohol or worse.

I don't think that is fair. I'm stating my opinion, I'm not convinced by him and I am prepared to be stood corrected if he's a success.

And how many games did our other players have in Euro 16? How many games have most players had in Europe 16?

You really couldn't make this stuff up. We must have the most negative support in the world. I despair sometimes. We get the chance of a really good centre half with tons of experience and a winner of many titles, and we write him off before he's even been confirmed. I come on to these forums because I enjoy the chat, but some of the negativity would drive anyone to alcohol or worse.

I've aged 2 years since coming on here! I have less hair and much much less Valium after this season.........

I don't think that is fair. I'm stating my opinion, I'm not convinced by him and I am prepared to be stood corrected if he's a success.

I appreciate that, but the only basis for your opinion was that his career is coming to an end (I'm assuming based purely on his age), and the fact that he only played one game in Euro 16. My point is that rather than you write something positive about us securing someone of this stature, your response is to write something negative. Why?

Fans of any other club would be delighted about it, but not some of our support. Is it because you now expect bad things to keep happening to our club? Is it a way of you managing your own expectations? I actually look forward to our games, and I look forward to new signings and other improvements in our club. I relish the prospect of our club eventually making it back to the top of the game in this country and possibly further afield. It's not healthy to be so negative. Please try. It's been tough enough over the past few years, so let's just try to enjoy these small successes.

He may not turn out to be the difference we all hope he is going to be, but let's enjoy the moment and worry about that if and when it happens.

As it stands all we need to tighten up this league is to put ourselves a level above the sheep etc and I don't think that's too difficult to achieve in the coming window. We will have Rossiter and Niko coming back into the midfield for free which all on it's own will make a massive difference. Even with the current team we generally totally dominated but were guilty of schoolyard defensive slip ups and failure to put away enough of the barrel load of chances we were creating.

If rumours are to be believed we will be adding 5 first team players which if say 2 or 3 went into stiffening the defence with 1 joining Rossiter and Niko in the middle and another up front we will be a whole different proposition. The unmentionables were dropping points left right and centre last season and were totally outplayed by is in the SC SF. What did they add? Two? It often doesn't take much to massively change the performances of a team.

I appreciate that, but the only basis for your opinion was that his career is coming to an end (I'm assuming based purely on his age), and the fact that he only played one game in Euro 16. My point is that rather than you write something positive about us securing someone of this stature, your response is to write something negative. Why?

Fans of any other club would be delighted about it, but not some of our support. Is it because you now expect bad things to keep happening to our club? Is it a way of you managing your own expectations? I actually look forward to our games, and I look forward to new signings and other improvements in our club. I relish the prospect of our club eventually making it back to the top of the game in this country and possibly further afield. It's not healthy to be so negative. Please try. It's been tough enough over the past few years, so let's just try to enjoy these small successes.

He may not turn out to be the difference we all hope he is going to be, but let's enjoy the moment and worry about that if and when it happens.

Like I say we've been stung before. Barton just last season. I want players that will make a difference on paper this guy could and if he signs I want him too. I fear though he won't. He went to Cagliari and for whatever reason he's potentially leaving them for us after a season. Why?

Like I say though, if he signs I hope he's a success.

As it stands all we need to tighten up this league is to put ourselves a level above the sheep etc and I don't think that's too difficult to achieve in the coming window. We will have Rossiter and Niko coming back into the midfield for free which all on it's own will make a massive difference. Even with the current team we generally totally dominated but were guilty of schoolyard defensive slip ups and failure to put away enough of the barrel load of chances we were creating.

If rumours are to be believed we will be adding 5 first team players which if say 2 or 3 went into stiffening the defence with 1 joining Rossiter and Niko in the middle and another up front we will be a whole different proposition. The unmentionables were dropping points left right and centre last season and were totally outplayed by is in the SC SF. What did they add? Two? It often doesn't take much to massively change the performances of a team.

They added 7, the significant of which were Sinclair, Kouassi, Gamboa and Ajer, for a combined total of 8m. Seven went, of which Johansen and Scepovic earned them 3m. The rest were freebies et al, where you can strike gold, as they did with Dembele.

The big point is that they hardly had major or lengthy injuries to any of their valuable players and played on a consistently high level throughout, even though they sure got a hand in many a game early on, with wrongly given goals, dubious free kicks, penalties and the freedom of Scotland when it came to fouling the opposition. It is, IMHO, rather unlikely, that they will see another such campaign again.

Dont think Gaffer likes others opinions(unless they agree with him ofcourse)

Maybe it's the fact lots of our fans only want to criticise and don't react with equivalent praise when something positive happens, very weird for supporters to only fixate on negatives. It's at the stage where they seem to be only energised by negatives. The simplest discussion always reverts to a negative. Would be nice to see the same passion put into talking us up.

That's not aimed at cdynamo1 think he's just had bad timing here tbh and his opinion has reasoning to explain it so all good there

They may have added just two players but you are ignoring or forgetting the biggest addition they made - Rodgers. That's what really won them the leagie