Europa League Draw: Rangers / Progrès Niederkorn v AEL Limassol / St Joseph's

I'm still waiting on an email from Rangers so as I can change my password..............................................................................:swear:

Aye, passwords, although necessary, can be an absolute nightmare....

tv I reckon

ps I hope you don't mind me asking but are you German ? it's because I thought a "Berliner" was some sort of street food.....a doughnut or something like that

Just spotted this. Yes, I'm German, and since I come from and live in Berlin, I use "Der Berliner", which essentially is the same as "The Highlander", i.e. "someone from ..."

Interestingly enough, only non-Berliners say "Berliner" to the streetfood you mention, in Berlin it is a "Pfannkuchen" (literally "pan-cake") though. Obviously, in the rest of Germany, a Pfannkuchen/pan-cake is something different entirely. Not that non-Berliners have any clue about how to denominate food correctly, of course ...

HOTELS in Luxembourg: if someone wishes to stay in the city centre at a reasonable rate i can recommend the Parc-Plaza Hotel*** of the Goeres Hotel Group (the name somehow sounds "funny" i know) http://www.goeres-group.com

Its next to the Parc-Bellevue Hotel**** of the same hotel group, but cheaper. mind, seems that not all the rooms do have air conditioning, better ask...might be an issue right now...

HOTELS in Luxembourg: if someone wishes to stay in the city centre at a reasonable rate i can recommend the Parc-Plaza Hotel*** of the Goeres Hotel Group (the name somehow sounds "funny" i know) http://www.goeres-group.com

Its next to the Parc-Bellevue Hotel**** of the same hotel group, but cheaper. mind, seems that not all the rooms do have air conditioning, better ask...might be an issue right now...

Seems quite acceptable based on latest TA reviews such as "The location of the hotel is very good, it is near the city center. The area around the hotel is very beautiful and you have a view of the valley. The room was clean, cozy and nice for sleeping. The bed was comfortable. The staff were very helpful and caring. The breakfast was normal and less diverse than some other hotel. The price of this hotel was much more reasonable." but this one not so good "Room clean and bright but quite basic. No door on the shower room which was a bit strange. The whole hotel complex which was two hotels together was quite dated and in need of work. Paving throughout the complex was loose and uneven . Breakfast was quite an experience(and not a good one) Too many people and not enough tables or food and about 2 staff. Everything was running out and extremely slow to be replaced if at all. The bar in the evening was pretty much the same-No staff, trying to get a drink was quite a challenge. However, the hotel is only 5 minutes walk from the bus stop from the airport and the town which was very good." Cheapest price here now is £191 per night (4-6 July).

Air con seems and noise to be an issue in a lot of the 3* hotels I looked at, a lot of negative comments on breakfast quality and a lot do not include breakfast in the rate.

You can still get a room at the Ibis or the Campanile at the Airport for under £200 for 2 nights but most in or near the city centre are now in the high mid £200's - £300 for 2 nights.

Be careful about location; a lot of hotels described as "Luxembourg" are out in the country, not in the city, though nothing is very far from anywhere in Lux, I have no idea about transport to and from the city.

I booked

Hotel Vauban, Luxembourg City

yesterday at Room price €310.00

2 nights: €155.00 /night

Taxes : included

Total €310.00 (£271.43)

This is for single use of a double room with double bed which I prefer, single bed rooms are cheaper.

It is now £370 for the 2 nights!

Most reviews were average or very good.

Price to value seems much higher here than we were used to on our European travels in the past; not unexpected perhaps in this small city.

A couple of Best Westerns still have rooms at around £250 for 2 nights; I'm thinking about changing.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

An email came out yesterday.

Yes, thanks, I was (and am) pretty jet lagged from Mexico; I have a vague recollection of seeing it and was intending copying it to here; but something else must have happened:

IMPORTANT CONTINUOUS CREDIT CARD SCHEME INFORMATION

EUROPA LEAGUE 1ST ROUND QUALIFIER

RANGERS FC V FC PROGRES NIEDERKORN

THURSDAY 29 JUNE 2017 KICK-OFF 7.45PM

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Tickets for the above fixture will go on sale from 10am tomorrow, Wednesday 21 June, where you can purchase your own seat until Saturday 24 June. If you have signed up to the Continuous Credit Card Scheme for ‘All Non-Season Ticket Home Games’ your registered payment card will be charged from Wednesday 21 June.

Prices for this match are adults £15, concessions £10 and £5 for juniors.

Bar 72 and section MLF season ticket holders should note your smartcards will be automatically activated for this game.

All non-season ticket seating will be available to purchase with full public sale commencing on Sunday 25 June (online and hotline only on Sunday 25 June).

Edited by BrahimHemdani

This follow up came out a couple of hours ago, apologies if I'm behind the times here:

Season ticket holders can now purchase tickets for next week’s Europa League Qualifier against Progrès Niederkorn. You can secure your own seat until Saturday 24 June at which point the general sale will open.

After almost six years since Rangers last competed in Europe, continental football returns to Ibrox this season with the home leg against Niederkorn being played on Thursday 29 June at 7.45pm.

Ticket prices are £15 adults, £10 concessions and £5 juniors and can be purchased online HERE, by phoning 0871 702 1972* (calls cost 13ppm plus network extras) or visiting the Rangers Ticket Centre.

If you have signed up to the Continuous Credit Card Scheme for ‘All Non-Season Ticket Home Games’ your registered payment card will be charged from Wednesday 21 June.

TRAVEL CLUB

IMPORTANT TICKET INFORMATION

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE

FC PROGRÈS NIEDERKORN v RANGERS FC

THE STADE JOSY BARTHEL

TUESDAY 4 JULY – TBC KICK-OFF

Travel Club Points: X

Dear

As a member of Rangers Travel Club 2017/18, we are pleased to inform you that you can now register interest online for the above game before the closing date of 9am on Monday 26 June.

To register for independent travel, ticket price to be confirmed, click here.

To register with the Club’s official provider of supporter travel, Thomas Cook, daytrip only, cost £395, click here

There was a queue to get through online but eventually got it done:

Thank you for your purchase from Rangers Football Club Limited. Please ensure that you read this confirmation email for full details on the product you have purchased.

Booking Reference:

Customer Product Date Time Price Ticket Type Fulfilment

Progres Niederkorn FREE REGISTRATION 04/07/17 - £0.00 Registration Post

Total Price: £0.00

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Rangers day trip is £395 with ticket at extra cost to TC members.

Sports Options are £375, no ticket.

The KLM flights Tues-Thurs I am on are still available at £306. Reasonable hotels around £250 for 2 nights. So about £425+ if sharing a room/£550+ single.