Europa League Draw: Rangers / Progrès Niederkorn v AEL Limassol / St Joseph's

No wonder the Board can't get any real work done when people are emailing about such triviality.

Christ on a bike BH - you took THAT issue to the CEO ??? You absolutely dumbfound me at times. Fair play if you get a response but if I were the CEO of the Club getting that email I would be blocking you on my spam filter.

I'm in doubt that it's an issue for the CEO because (a) he was at the draw and will be involved in agreeing any changes and (b) it may affect as many as 10,000 fans.

I dumbfound a lot of people Craig, but I don't think Stewart Robertson is one of them.

It's ridiculous emailing the CEO on that issue, regardless of speed of response.

I completely disagree. SR is a decision maker in this case or at least will be a party to the decision that is made, GM is a purveyor of information.

There are three points to the email; (1) indicating displeasure at the delay, which SR can take on board for Rangers and/or relay to UEFA as he sees fit; (2) requesting a resolution asap; (3) requesting that that information be issued asap.

Only SR can deal with (1) & (2); he can and may well pass (3) through GM; but that's for him to decide.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I disagree completely.

As is your prerogative BH.

And we will most definitely have to agree to disagree if you believe that your travel plans, which YOU made knowing full well that until confirmed these fixtures are subject to change, should form any level of prioritization with the CEO of a Club trying to rebuild itself and make itself competitive as an entity once again.

Only my opinion, but your sense of self importance is startling at times. If Stewart Robertson spends all his time dealing with the type of matters you have raised then he will have virtually no time to deal with any of the bigger issues.

I would imagine that in your role previously as an IFA, if you found a CEO dealing with such trivial matters - by trivial I don't mean in the eye of the customer (supporter in your case) but trivial from a CEO's perspective - then I would actually like to think that you would think twice about recommending them as an investment - a CEO dealing with these trivial matters isn't fully focusing on the strategic issues of the entity, which is his job. The Club has other departments that could, and should, deal with these issues. It isn't the CEO's job.

I'm in doubt that it's an issue for the CEO because (a) he was at the draw and will be involved in agreeing any changes and (b) it may affect as many as 10,000 fans.

I dumbfound a lot of people Craig, but I don't think Stewart Robertson is one of them.

You are 100% reaching when you say it may affect 10,000 fans. There is absolutely no way 10,000 fans (or even close to it) booked their flights as soon as the draw was made. Indeed, if they have, then we have a number of people who are naïve - you are acting as if we have never been in Europe before - we KNOW that until confirmed these dates can change. You tried to get a jump on flights and pricing and it came back and bit you. Harsh as it sounds, it really isn't anyone's fault but your own BH - and to then take the issue to the CEO of the Club ???

I don't see an issue taking it to the Club, but the CEO ???

You love a wee name drop - I suspect that if he reads your email he will be dumbfounded at having received it. He may respond, but not because he thinks he should.

It's ridiculous emailing the CEO on that issue, regardless of speed of response.

I guess we all have our contacts but the SLO was appointed to deal with routine correspondence such as this so I'd imagine the CEO's PA will automatically forward such stuff onto them.

I completely disagree. SR is a decision maker in this case or at least will be a party to the decision that is made, GM is a purveyor of information.

There are three points to the email; (1) indicating displeasure at the delay, which SR can take on board for Rangers and/or relay to UEFA as he sees fit; (2) requesting a resolution asap; (3) requesting that that information be issued asap.

Only SR can deal with (1) & (2); he can and may well pass (3) through GM; but that's for him to decide.

You are, IMHO, wrong with all 3 counts. Unless, of course, you are suggesting that SR is the only person at Rangers that is allowed to speak to UEFA.

Taking each item :

1. You could have voiced your displeasure to plenty of people within Ibrox, as Frankie said, notably the SLO. And/or relaying to UEFA is not the CEO's decision alone or at least shouldn't be. Such things can be delegated and, something such as travel plans, should be. It really isn't a CEO issue, regardless of how you try to mask it as such

2, Requesting a fixture resolution ASAP also does not need to be a CEO role. Indeed, one would think that there should be a role within the Club that deals with fixture scheduling, both domestic and European, and that it isn't the CEO's function to do so.

3. Read 2 above.

To suggest that these MUST be CEO functions makes little sense to me. If you are right then we need to have root and branch change to our corporate governance procedures and delegations of authority procedures and documentation. If these are CEO functions then we have an inefficient CEO role. His role is to deal with the strategic, important issues. Not a handful of travel concerns from impatient supporters who booked their flights as soon as fixtures were announced, knowing full well they could be subject to change.

However, given you believe that this really is a CEO's function you and I will agree to disagree. If you cant see what is staring you in the face then I sure as hell can't help you see it.

I look forward to Stewart Robertson having to deal with complaints about a broken TV in the Copland rear, a bookies not paying out on a bet in the concourse and, of course, the inevitable cold pie at Ibrox. No need to concern yourself about increasing and enhancing revenue streams Stewart, no need to concern yourself about making us more competitive on the field of play, no need to improve the state of Ibrox, no need to concern yourself with the infrastructure of the club - just get those travel plans sorted and you will have fulfilled your role well.

We agree to disagree.