Club 1872 Statement on UEFA Citation

Your boss would be quite right to do so too. Employment safety regs protect your work colleague.

But it didn't happen at your place of employment mate. It happened at a football match.

The bits of paper weren't fired from cannons or form the tip of Cruise misiles.

No children, animals or players were hurt. It was good natured banter - you know, what used to be called "fun" and forming part of the entertainment industry.

Maybe we should take a close look at those wee bits of confetti coming from tubes when teams are celebrating winning a cup or send for the serious crime squad the next time a toilet roll makes it onto the park ?

It's fecking nonsense.

Many things used to be classed as okay which are not now. I remember when a girl walked around the track everyone singing "Get it up ye while your young" Was classed as fun then but unthinkable in the modern world.

No. Not paranoid. Simply somebody who actually sees what is going on.

FARE haven't been heard of since we went down to the bottom division and suddenly re-appear a couple of days before our first European match in 6 years.

King obviously knows what's happening. That's why he felt the need to address our support. He knew fine well that one chant out of place would probably see us play the next 3 home games behind closed doors with the consequential loss of badly needed income.

That one didn't work, so we're cited for wee bits of paper being on the field.

Paranoid ? Just wait until Shitey Sean makes another trip onstage. These bastards will stop at nothing - have a look on their forums and see what they're up to.

None of that makes on e bit of difference if our support actually follow the rules.

Yet again we are here defending idiotic paper throwing, we will soon enough be defending FTP in songs more than likely. Follow UEFA rules and they can't cite you, it is incredibly easy.

Instead we sit around pointing fingers at everyone else - it isn't the adult thing to do. It doesn't matter if anyone could have been hurt - the sooner we simply clean up our actions we wont be able to be persecuted.

Of course we know what the Tims are up to - so it is time for our support to actually mature over it. Scoring own goals isn't the way to find parity.

Your boss would be quite right to do so too. Employment safety regs protect your work colleague.

But it didn't happen at your place of employment mate. It happened at a football match.

The bits of paper weren't fired from cannons or form the tip of Cruise misiles.

No children, animals or players were hurt. It was good natured banter - you know, what used to be called "fun" and forming part of the entertainment industry.

Maybe we should take a close look at those wee bits of confetti coming from tubes when teams are celebrating winning a cup or send for the serious crime squad the next time a toilet roll makes it onto the park ?

It's fecking nonsense.

But that football match was the footballers place of employment, right ??

I think any club would be sanctioned by UEFA for what happened at Ibrox in fact I know they would and it doesn't matter what's thrown. At the end of the day if you turn a blind eye to anything at all being thrown such as paper who knows when dangerous objects will come either with the paper or wrapped inside it. It absolutely has to be a no tolerance policy regarding the throwing of objects.

And to illustrate the fact that anybody will be sanctioned an incident from the champions league back in March this year.

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Arsenal and Bayern Munich following incidents during the Champions League match at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night.

The Gunners were thrashed 5-1 by the Bundesliga giants, who ran riot during the second half once defender Laurent Koscielny had been shown a red card for bringing down Robert Lewandowski in the penalty area to complete a 10-2 aggregate victory.

Before the match, travelling Bayern fans held up a banner which read: "without fans football is not worth a penny" to highlight the cost of ticket prices and then once the action started toilet roll was thrown onto the pitch, which caused a delay as the debris was removed.

"Charges against FC Bayern Munchen: Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) of DR.

Unfortunately, the same two or three people in BF2 and BF4 kept throwing paper on throughout the first half. It looked like younger lads but age is no excuse for such stupidity when we all know doing this will cost us money.

Yes it's only paper and won't hurt anyone. Yes, their 'keeper even laughed it off but as soon as the game is stopped (and TV schedules threatened) then UEFA will take action.

Ultimately we'll all lose out as the club will ban these kind of displays.

No. Not paranoid. Simply somebody who actually sees what is going on.

FARE haven't been heard of since we went down to the bottom division and suddenly re-appear a couple of days before our first European match in 6 years.

King obviously knows what's happening. That's why he felt the need to address our support. He knew fine well that one chant out of place would probably see us play the next 3 home games behind closed doors with the consequential loss of badly needed income.

That one didn't work, so we're cited for wee bits of paper being on the field.

Paranoid ? Just wait until Shitey Sean makes another trip onstage. These bastards will stop at nothing - have a look on their forums and see what they're up to.

My understanding is that the citation is NOTHING to do with FARE.....but why should that stop anyone linking the 2 together.

Bottom line is that the actions of the fans resulted in a delay to the match. As such, UEFA have acted on that - I would expect nothing more than a rap on the knuckles (maybe a small fine).

Unfortunately, the same two or three people in BF2 and BF4 kept throwing paper on throughout the first half. It looked like younger lads but age is no excuse for such stupidity when we all know doing this will cost us money.

Yes it's only paper and won't hurt anyone. Yes, their 'keeper even laughed it off but as soon as the game is stopped (and TV schedules threatened) then UEFA will take action.

Ultimately we'll all lose out as the club will ban these kind of displays.

I trust you reported them.

I trust you reported them.

Absolutely not.

Rangers employ a stewarding company to deal with such issues and it's up to them and the police to deal with offenders. The culprits were obvious, as was what was going to happen after the display. The stewarding company should be liable for any costs (as should the fans involved).

Absolutely not.

Rangers employ a stewarding company to deal with such issues and it's up to them and the police to deal with offenders. The culprits were obvious, as was what was going to happen after the display. The stewarding company should be liable for any costs (as should the fans involved).

That's your prerogative but how you make out that the stewarding company should be responsible for the actions of the fans is beyond me.

That's your prerogative but how you make out that the stewarding company should be responsible for the actions of the fans is beyond me.

I take your point BH, but if the stewarding company failed to identify anyone (and then failed to do something with the support of the police), I'd like to think that there would be a reasonable amount of clawback of payment if the service was not provided adequately. I accept that may not be the case, but at the very least I'd be speaking with them about ensuring action is taken the next time. If not, what's the point in them being there?

It can be intimidating to point out culprits, so just because I do it (and perhaps you do) doesn't mean we should judge or criticise others for not doing it. Personally, if given the chance I'd handcuff them, place them in a stockade and have 49999 bears throw the chicken/curry pies at them, and they're rock hard!