Club 1872 Statement on UEFA Citation

At the end of the day there are TWO things at play here.

1. Should the fans have thrown the paper onto the field of play

2. Should UEFA have cited the club

The answer to BOTH is no. However, without the event of 1, 2 couldn't happen.

Our fans created the citation, no matter how many ways we try to defend it as being a stupid citation, which it is.

I agree with you Craig. The funny thing for me is how hypocritical some of our fans are. Some are saying "it's only throwing bits of paper", and yet ALL we have received is a citatation which is likely to result in a small fine or a warning. There may be someone equally from UEFA sat on a forum saying "ffs, it was only a citation". I do however think some people post on here for the attention, rather than it being their thoughtful opinion. I hope that's the case anyway.

I can't wait to get back to the proper football chat. The next game can't come quickly enough. Will be interesting to see if he changes the striker position. As I said on the other thread, if we get someone who really wants to get into the box for crosses, we will score for fun and it should be a great season. Miller and Waghorn work hard, but they're not the finishers we need.

That would send a message to the culprits to carry on as is.

Yeh, thousands have died as a result of being struck by scrunched up paper thrown by kids.

It's fecking nonsense mate.

Yeh, thousands have died as a result of being struck by scrunched up paper thrown by kids.

It's fecking nonsense mate.

It's ridiculous to suggest that someone has to die or be injured for it to be against the rules, or for it to deserve severe punishment. It's not UEFA that has lost the plot here, it's some people in our support. It was not a serious incident. It was stupid however. That's why we will receive a warning or a small fine. UEFA have a sense of perspective. Some on here don't.

Did anyone check how many teams have been "cited" last week and for what reasons? Looks to me like the typical Scottish media reaction: "Oh, it is Rangers, so blow this up!!!" You wonder whether the mhedia hacks would actually have noted it had Club 1872 not put out that statement.

As for the paper-ball stuff: this is the 21st century. There will be enough cameras in the ground to know where it happened and who that was, perhaps even personalized tickets.

There are house rules in place to which anyone entering the stadium agrees. If they are caught with unacceptable behaviour - and harm the club and its name along the way - ban them or fine them. NO ifs and buts. Perhaps a stern "talking to" will do for the first offence, but it will take some effort to find the culprits and I doubt we'll have the ressources to keep track of all people involved in recent games.

First job for our new fan-groups chap.

Joe continued, the Rangers fans threw a fifty foot Sash tree at me, they couldn't even wait for the cutting, pulping, mashing and rolling to make it into paper. I got a skelf or two but i'll mend.

You forgot to say they were laser guided!