Club 1872 Statement on UEFA Citation

As I've alluded to previously your naivety concerning your fellow fans is quite breath taking at times the Union Bears ARE the Rangers Ultras.

ubUltrasnew_close-210x250.pngunion-bears-ub07-glasgow-rangers_360_7f1e17646365a0a96cca5554526ef249.jpg

So you have, in fact you seem to revel in it.

And so what?

Why would I have any knowledge of the the UB, Rangers Ultras, or any such group; I have no interest in them whatsoever. And before you say it, just because I have held a number of positions in fans' groups doesn't obligate me to make a study of all such groups.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

ok I was a bit dramatic BH however my point by is that everyone was throwing "paper" ffs! This is beyond a joke! Apologies if I'm getting wound up over this but it's disgraceful! Far far far worse happens in Europe without reprimand!

I agree it's much ado about nothing but sadly we are being scrutinised from all angles by all concerned on our return to Europe and I would like to extend my foray to Luxembourg next week to Cyprus and beyond, relying on our on field performances rather than being at risk from the off field antics of some of our fellow supporters.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

So you have, in fact you seem to revel in it.

Why would I have any knowledge of the the UB, Rangers Ultras, or any such group; I have no interest in them whatsoever. And before you say it, just because I have held a number of positions in fans' groups doesn't obligate me to make a study of all such groups.

I sit above them BH and they create a great atmosphere. I'm not condoning what happened or some of there behaviour. I'm just trying to keep a sense of perspective. They throw rolled up paper on to the pitch.

I keep saying this about Europe. I'm sure some in here watch far more European football than me and even I know much worse goes on.

On another note, as we are having a moan fest. You can get some right idiots in the Broanloan Rear on cup nights! These are the seats that are sold to everyone and often groups of our "younger inebriated" supporters.

Pain in the arse at times, especially when you have kids with you. I know there is little the club can do, just pointing it out.

I sit above them BH and they create a great atmosphere. I'm not condoning what happened or some of there behaviour. I'm just trying to keep a sense of perspective. They throw rolled up paper on to the pitch.

I keep saying this about Europe. I'm sure some in here watch far more European football than me and even I know much worse goes on.

On another note, as we are having a moan fest. You can get some right idiots in the Broanloan Rear on cup nights! These are the seats that are sold to everyone and often groups of our "younger inebriated" supporters.

Pain in the arse at times, especially when you have kids with you. I know there is little the club can do, just pointing it out.

As I said a few posts back, I am more than happy to praise their efforts in Leipzig, honestly they were immense. In fact the local polis got fed up having to holt the march as the UB's (sorry Ultras!) continually regrouped to much banging of drums etc. That is what led to some good- humoured snowballing of the polis, though they clearly didn't see it that way and donned riot gear. For a few minutes it looked a bit edgy but fortunately some wiser old heads prevailed on them to lower the profile a bit and all was well.

I don't know what they're on when they jump up and down at Ibrox but so long as all they do is sing and dance about it doesn't worry me. Once they interfere with the game however or their behaviour becomes otherwise unacceptable that's a different matter entirely.

We have the same issue in the Main Stand with ST seats sold to all comers for non ST home games. I used to buy tickets outside the ground before I got my ST and often found myself in amongst the such and such RSC Loyal in the Broomloan, I recall the Darlington guys in particular being fond of a refreshment on their journeys. There is a wide spectrum of what different folk regard as "normal/acceptable" behaviour.

As to what the Club could do about it, well, when I went to see Independiente v Racing in Buenos Aires a few years back, they breathalised anyone who looked at all dodgy outside the ground. Sober or not the home fans did the bouncy and kept up a hell of a racket throughout the match. Not sure if it would work here though. :) Might cut the crowds quite a bit.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

No. I'm sorry guys, but kids throwing scrunched up pieces of paper onto the pitch DO NOT imo merit a citation of any kind.

There is far worse behaviour going on at matches around Europe every single euro evening.

Yes they shouldn't be doing it. But my view is that NO other club involved would receive any citation never mind punishment.

This is not a foil hat opinion. It is what I believe to be the truth.

Sense at last,bits of paper ! no wonder we had to rescue them when adolf came a calling!

Someone mentioned momentum what momentum, dire performance against a team of amateurs,personally I think we were watching a Portuguese Warburton,no idea how to change anything against a pub team.

Sense at last,bits of paper ! no wonder we had to rescue them when adolf came a calling!

Someone mentioned momentum what momentum, dire performance against a team of amateurs,personally I think we were watching a Portuguese Warburton,no idea how to change anything against a pub team.

It appears that your lack of respect for the game (in condoning the actions of these morons) extends to insulting our manager and our opponents. It's also interesting that you make reference to the war, because that was during a time when respect and honour was in greater supply than it is these days. Whether you think it's ok to do this or not is irrelevant. We are in a competition run by UEFA. They set the rules and we all know them. And just because other clubs break them, doesn't mean it's ok for us. We are Rangers, and we always had a sense of class about us as a club. King even made an attempt to have our fans behave, and that attempt failed. I feel sorry for the real fans and the board. We all had to watch on as these mindless idiots caused embarassment to our club, and threatened our freedom to watch our club in future European games.

I thought it was incredible that we would have 'fans' doing this on our first game back after such a long time. I find it even more incredible that we have others who are now blaming UEFA, rather than condemning these morons.

It appears that your lack of respect for the game (in condoning the actions of these morons) extends to insulting our manager and our opponents. It's also interesting that you make reference to the war, because that was during a time when respect and honour was in greater supply than it is these days. Whether you think it's ok to do this or not is irrelevant. We are in a competition run by UEFA. They set the rules and we all know them. And just because other clubs break them, doesn't mean it's ok for us. We are Rangers, and we always had a sense of class about us as a club. King even made an attempt to have our fans behave, and that attempt failed. I feel sorry for the real fans and the board. We all had to watch on as these mindless idiots caused embarassment to our club, and threatened our freedom to watch our club in future European games.

I thought it was incredible that we would have 'fans' doing this on our first game back after such a long time. I find it even more incredible that we have others who are now blaming UEFA, rather than condemning these morons.

You have your opinion I have mine,that you choose to be offended by it is your problem.

Insulting our manager,seriously ? He is imho no better than warburton perhaps even worse,you sit on the fence I have declared myself.

Also point out where I insulted our opponents.