Club 1872 Statement on UEFA Citation

Whether it's true or not, they have to be fucking stupid to do it in the first place after King's speech and after the ref had stopped play and it was disrupting our momentum.

Why even give UEFA the chance to have a go at us? Fannies, the lot of them.

I don't think for a second that King was on about kids throwing scrunched up bits of paper . He knew the same as us that FARE had us under scrutiny and was on about songs that could get us into bother.

As I said, they shouldn't be doing it . But NO other club would face sanctions for what happened at Ibrox on Thursday - nobody.

I'll agree, they are fannies. But to create a talking point about what went on is frankly pathetic imo.

Sense at last,bits of paper ! no wonder we had to rescue them when adolf came a calling!

Someone mentioned momentum what momentum, dire performance against a team of amateurs,personally I think we were watching a Portuguese Warburton,no idea how to change anything against a pub team.

I didn't see the Progres players complaining about the paper; as far as I could see the referee acted immediately he saw the paper on the pitch which he was quite entitled to do although other referees may have ignored it.

It's not immediately obvious to me that what happened during WWII has anything to do with the performance of Progres Niederkorn or paper on the pitch on Thursday night. I tried to inform myself by reading up a bit here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourg_in_World_War_II but can find no link other than perhaps the bravery of the resistance movement and the Free Luxembourgish Forces who were apparently involved in the Battle of Normandy and Liberation of Brussels in September 1944.

The Progres team are not amateurs, though Luxembourg teams in general are no great shakes they have a higher coefficient than NI and Lithuania. I seem to recall a certain team from Lithuania knocking us out the Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round in 2008.

On paper (pardon the pun) we should beat them easily enough and I think we'll do that on Tuesday; but football matches are not played on paper (pardon the pun again) as we have found out on numerous occasions not least at home against the renowned Unirea Urziceni who interestingly went defunct in 2011 and were reformed in 2015 and currently play in the Romanian 5th Division.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I don't think for a second that King was on about kids throwing scrunched up bits of paper . He knew the same as us that FARE had us under scrutiny and was on about songs that could get us into bother.

As I said, they shouldn't be doing it . But NO other club would face sanctions for what happened at Ibrox on Thursday - nobody.

I'll agree, they are fannies. But to create a talking point about what went on is frankly pathetic imo.

Completely agree Boabie!

I think we will appeal any sanction and win it, if UEFA have to go down the road of sanctioning every club, for display residue pitch encroachment, they'll never be done sanctioning clubs.

I think any sanction will be limited to a warning or a very small fine and not worth the time and effort of an appeal.

I think we will appeal any sanction and win it, if UEFA have to go down the road of sanctioning every club, for display residue pitch encroachment, they'll never be done sanctioning clubs.

As I keep saying if this is how they want it then fair enough. We keep an eye on EVERY euro game and report the least thing. A precedent will have been set. Then follow it up again and again. We want parity across the board!

Edited by cooponthewing

Are there UEFA games where the actions of the fans cause a stop in play that don't result in action being taken?

That's another fair point.

I think the stoppage of play is the issue here rather than the cause of the stoppage.