[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

Well it's a scorching 24C here in Luxembourg.

Bit of a walk from the airport bus route to the Novotel to pick up the match ticket and some grumbling at the long line up the stairs as one of the supporters buses arrived at just the wrong moment for a number of us who came off the KLM flight from AMS. Rangers Security totally ineffective as some guys found it necessary to jump in the queue.

Another 15 minute walk brought me to my hotel right beside the cathedral and I'll be off in search of a refreshment and some sustenance very shortly.

Fans in confident mood already planning ahead for Cyprus.

EDIT: Temperature has actually gone up to 25C as we move to about 2 hours to kick off.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I must admit I was way out in my estimate of the number of fans who would travel to this match. According to Rangers SLO the Club only sold 1,300 tickets. That said I have spoken to a good few fans who are not TC members, travelled without a ticket and bought one here. GM estimates 200-300.

So overall about 1,500-1,600.

At the weekend Progres said they had sold 6,000 so much to my great surprise it seems we will be well outnumbered by the locals although many may be neutral foreign nationals and no doubt some of them will support Rangers.

I must admit I was way out in my estimate of the number of fans who would travel to this match. According to Rangers SLO the Club only sold 1,300 tickets. That said I have spoken to a good few fans who are not TC members, travelled without a ticket and bought one here. GM estimates 200-300.

So overall about 1,500-1,600.

At the weekend Progres said they had sold 6,000 so much to my great surprise it seems we will be well outnumbered by the locals although many may be neutral foreign nationals and no doubt some of them will support Rangers.

So your 10,000 estimate WAS wrong :ninja: .......

PEDRO CAIXINHA has made three changes for this evening’s Europa League first qualifying round, second leg tie with Progres Niederkorn.

From the side which defeated the Luxembourgers 1-0 at Ibrox last Thursday, in come Jordan Rossiter for his first start since last August, while there are also starting debuts for Daniel Candeias and Alfredo Morelos.

They come in for Jason Holt, Dalcio and Martyn Waghorn respectively, with it being an unchanged back four here at the Stade Josy Barthel this evening.

That means it’s Wes Foderingham in goals with a defensive unit of James Tavernier, Fabio Cardoso, David Bates and Lee Wallace.

In front of them will be Ryan Jack and Rossiter, with Kenny Miller, Niko Kranjcar and Candeias providing support to Morelos.

On the bench, there is a first squad appearance for Eduardo Herrera, and he is joined by Jak Alnwick, Ross McCrorie, Josh Windass, Dalcio, Waghorn and Holt.

Tonight’s game is live on RangersTV.tv outside the UK and Ireland. Join Tom Miller and Hugh Burns for full coverage.

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, Cardoso, Bates, Wallace; Jack, Rossiter; Miller, Kranjcar, Candeias; Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, McCrorie, Windass, Dalcio, Waghorn Holt, Herrera.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/three-changes-luxembourg/