[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

Yeah, I want the new lads playing asap as well but I think the manager may prefer to keep them in reserve for now.

Candeias is perhaps the most likely to start tonight in place of Waghorn or Dalcio.

Yeah, I want the new lads playing asap as well but I think the manager may prefer to keep them in reserve for now.

Candeias is perhaps the most likely to start tonight in place of Waghorn or Dalcio.

Candeias would start for me, he is pacey, tricky and delivers quality crosses(am I allowed to say crosses or is that sectarian?)

You wonder whether starting 4-2-3-1 will be adopted again.

IMHO, these teams crumble if you hit them early on and hard. We lacked teeth up front at Ibrox, again, and should thus be more active there. Morelos should be fit since he has played summer football (and scored goals) in Finland, so I would send him on straight away with Dalcio and Candeias to work with the stuff Kranjcar throws in their way. Jack to screen the CHs and Rossiter instead of Holt to take a more commanding role in midfield, for he as opposed to Holt has pace AND physique ... and likes to have a shot from distance.

Foderigham

Tavernier - Bates - Cardoso - Wallace

Jack

Candeias - Kranjcar - Rossiter - Dalcio

Morelos

Then again, you wonder whether Jack alongside Kranjcar would suffice against this team, and we can "risk" another striker straight away? Be that Miller, Waghorn, or Herrera. Or perhaps Pena as an attacking MF next to Niko?

You wonder whether starting 4-2-3-1 will be adopted again.

IMHO, these teams crumble if you hit them early on and hard. We lacked teeth up front at Ibrox, again, and should thus be more active there. Morelos should be fit since he has played summer football (and scored goals) in Finland, so I would send him on straight away with Dalcio and Candeias to work with the stuff Kranjcar throws in their way. Jack to screen the CHs and Rossiter instead of Holt to take a more commanding role in midfield, for he as opposed to Holt has pace AND physique ... and likes to have a shot from distance.

Foderigham

Tavernier - Bates - Cardoso - Wallace

Jack

Candeias - Kranjcar - Rossiter - Dalcio

Morelos

Then again, you wonder whether Jack alongside Kranjcar would suffice against this team, and we can "risk" another striker straight away? Be that Miller, Waghorn, or Herrera. Or perhaps Pena as an attacking MF next to Niko?

Your post just demonstrates what we have now ..... options. I hope the selection continues to be a problem for us and PC, because that's a sign that we have a strong squad. Last season, there was very little to debate about, given the ineffectiveness of most of our players. Even looking at the score predictor now it looks as if there is much more variation in people's anticipated first goal scorer. Let's hope the goals this season are spread about more too .... although it would be very pleasing to see one of our strikers hit 20+ goals for once.

I think the forward line might change....

PC seemed happy with def & Mid, so may leave that the same as 1st leg. If the forwards are changed, who comes in is the big question....

- Do you put Miller in the centre & bring in Candeias on the wing??

- Do you keep Miller wide & put Morelos in the middle??

- Do you keep Miller wide & put Herrera in the middle??

- Do you put Candeias wide with Morelos in the middle??

- Do you put Candeias wide with Herrera in the middle??

I don't think Miller will be dropped from the starting line up though...

Options, Options, Options.....

Thanks for the preview Pete... I'll get it online shortly.

I'm sure the manager will be tempted to start one or two new players again tonight but I reckon he'll go with the same XI as last week.

DD4J_dxXUAEVlvH.jpg

I think, going by PC's past decisions, there are really only two possible variations of this line-up that PC would go for... That being, Waghorn out, straight swap for Morelos or, Candeias in for Waghorn and then Miller through the middle with Candeias on the right.

I personally think you've got it spot on with the line-up but, a 1-0 lead away in Europe is not the time to start experimenting/taking risks..... A couple of early goals would give us that freedom, but from the start, its all about getting the job done and dusted asap