Barrie McKay Joins Forest

I heard this yesterday that the deal was done, £475K was definitely the fee but with add-ons. Another PC disaster in my book. We didnt make any effort to reward the guy to the same wage as others who were not as good as him, and therefore he was left with no choice but to believe the club and the manager didnt want him.

It's allright though, we have Dalcio! Anyone know what the loan fee was to Benfica for getting this guy on loan for the year - bye bye McKay money!

Many on here (including you) are judging Dalcio after two games. I'm judging McKay after two seasons and I've yet to see an effective player in him. There's no doubt he had the potential but not the attitude or desire, so I'd much rather take a risk on someone who might be effective (i.e. Dalcio), rather than stick with someone who has proven that he is not.

I dont think so no.

I don't think the Celtic support were particularly keen on him prior to last season - that was my take on it anyway, I would be in agreement with pete.

[TWEET]882713871311675392[/TWEET]

Barry is being very selective with his words , the reality was he was offered several contracts and declined them all , he made himself surplus to requirements

How much this is down to Mackay and how much to those around him. You have got to ask yourself why he was so reluctant to sign a new contract last year. I really don't think that this is all the fault of Pedro, I think that those around Mackay have convinced him that he is better than he really is and his heart is no longer at Ibrox. Time will tell if he shines in England and end up in a Premier side or he end up back in Scotland in a struggling SPFL team. Regardless, he will make more money in the short term, but at what price?

Should have kept him, better than any of the wingers we have.

McKay ain't an outright winger AND ... I think we should give our current wingers a few months to settle before saying they aren't any good, wouldn't you?

Edited by der Berliner

I'm glad the deal is done, his career looked to have stalled with us. He wasn't progressing as he should have been, especially after his wonder goal against them at last years SC semi final. He should have really kicked on from that a become a force but it didn't happen for some reason, injury or lack of form?

He has a chance now to kick on with his career, certainly there's a lack of talent in the Scotland squad maybe this is his opportunity to shine at International level, i hope so and wish him well.