Rangers 0 - 0 Hearts

A harsh view point, but one I am struggling to disagree with....

I get the impression that Pena is struggling with the more mental side of things (which may be impacting the physical). I think that PC is hoping to nurse Pena into a more rounded Pro....but as you say, that all takes time & money with no return.

I would like to see him get some more regular game time, whether that is with the "reserves" of 20-30 with the 1st team. It may just help settle him down a bit more and get his head round where he is etc.

Interestingly when I was through at auchenowie last week I asked about the psychology programme at the club? I'm sure Craig Mulholland said they have two part time psychs at the minute.

They were looking to add more emphasis on this side of a players overall wellbeing. Introducing full time Psychology/Sports Psychologists which are necessary at every club now for a variety of sporting and personal reasons.

I'm only reading what you guys are and trying to make sense of the situation. If it is what it is, Pena needs someone to talk too that's outside the box and impartial. Not the manager, or his teammates, just someone to listen who he knows has no agenda.

He won't find this in bars/clubs etc.

It's a big move and change of culture. I understand people's frustration however all I will say is that I would have expected a club the size of ours to already have at least 2/3 full time psychs (playing and management staff to be looked after and they are on call 24/7). We will have a full sports psychology programme in operation soon from what CM said however that's not helping Pena right now.

Before anyone says what about days gone by etc, it dosnt matter. Every big club has a full sports psychology programme now for a variety of reasons. Pena situation being a prime example.

If it was known that Pena had motivational issues then PC had no business signing him. We're in no position to take avoidable risks.

Don't think it was ever motivational issue...think he just likes to par-ty......

I wonder what Tiger Shaw would have said if he'd been asked to have a wee talk with a psycho.

Sadly, that generation are almost all gone. With only a few exceptions, the current generation is essentially weak and indulgent.

So we signed him.....wonderful......absolutely wonderful

Ain't that rather unsubstantiated rumours and hearsay? And some can't help it but go utterly bananas?

It appears that for quite a few PC can't do anything good right now and the fact that he knew Pena rather well from his time in Mexico is utterly ignored. You wonder why all this is put under that much microscope right now? Find a negative story and milk it to the core, so each and every Bluenose will know that Pena is a nervous wreck with a drinking habit. Really, at times people do make you wonder ...

We can hardly verify what exactly the problem with Pena is, IF there is a problem. So perhaps we take a step back and wait for some facts? Maybe there is a reason why the press is absolutely silent on that matter? Do we expect that this would be the case if they sniff any hint of truth in it?