If the Rangers support were a jury, I think it would safe to say we had reached a majority rather than a unanimous decision on Pedro. An early exit to European minnows from Luxembourg on the back of an embarrassing defeat to our greatest rivals at home, whilst losing our long-established home record to the sheep would suggest that a fairly compelling prima facie case had been established by that majority.

Furthermore, an inauspicious start to the season makes it all the more difficult to introduce a reasonable element of doubt into the minds of those who are currently sitting in the majority camp and whose minds are clearly made up so to speak.

Should we pause for a moment and recall Advocaat’s multi-million £ squad, albeit not with home advantage, losing 6-2 at Parkhead? Should we consider that even some great Rangers managers, with far more settled squads suffered worse starts in their first 3 games of the domestic league? Should we ponder the fact that abysmal refereeing had a major say in 2 of our last 3 league games?

Perhaps we could reflect on the fact we are into a rebuilding programme which is clearly not yet complete, before we decide to sack the architect.

The first few years of Sir Alex Ferguson’s tenure at Manchester United were characterised by something of a roller coaster ride which saw them take a few backward steps before their record winning period of success. Having been appointed in 1986, it was season 92/93 before the Reds won their first championship under the tenure of Sir Alex. While such a comparison certainly qualifies as an “apples and oranges” evaluation, the virtues of patience and a realistic assessment of the challenges faced should not be excluded either.

As always, the OF games will have a considerable bearing on the manager’s future. We have to hope Kranjcar’s recent interview where he suggested we could lose all 4 OF games and still challenge for the title is a form of delusion exclusive to Niko, and not the rest of the dressing room or the management.

There is a popular saying that the “league table never lies”. Would it be prudent to wait until the end of the season and put this theory to the test rather than jump on the managerial merry go round prematurely?

Edited by D'Artagnan

Niko's OF statement was AFAIK not too dissimilar to what the odd former Rangers manager said too. Only that at that time we were equals and knew that despite 4 OF defeats, the title was very much a possibility. That is what Niko may had in mind, maths rather than fan-feelings. I doubt that he would want us to lose any game.

While I haven't read McLeish's interview, I found the headline statement earlier in the week that Aberdeen will come second more hilarous.

Too many people -supporters- had Pedro Caixinha convicted from the start, prior to the leading of any evidence.

Such was, and remains, their prejudged certainty of guilt, that to empanel them would be to ensure a basic unfairness of proceedings.

Currently, in the Court of Public Opinion, I believe that a reasonably minded jury remains out.

I await developments.

It's a really tricky conundrum actually.

Pedro's teams have shown glimpses of decent form then just as you feel confident they drop points. One step forward, two steps back it seems.

I'm not sure how long we should persevere with him should results not improve but if we finish a distant third again then the board would run the danger of losing millions via the non-renewal of season tickets. Goodwill only goes so far...

In any case, even if we did want rid, who do we bring in knowing any transfer budget has already been spent? McInnes, Wright or Walter? Or do we go down the English or foreign route? Would any of those guys be any less of a risk?

All things considered I'm inclined to stick with Pedro but I can't blame anyone for being impatient. Unfortunately success seems as far as away as it has ever been at the moment.

It's a really tricky conundrum actually.

Pedro's teams have shown glimpses of decent form then just as you feel confident they drop points. One step forward, two steps back it seems.

I'm not sure how long we should persevere with him should results not improve but if we finish a distant third again then the board would run the danger of losing millions via the non-renewal of season tickets. Goodwill only goes so far...

In any case, even if we did want rid, who do we bring in knowing any transfer budget has already been spent? McInnes, Wright or Walter? Or do we go down the English or foreign route? Would any of those guys be any less of a risk?

All things considered I'm inclined to stick with Pedro but I can't blame anyone for being impatient. Unfortunately success seems as far as away as it has ever been at the moment.

That post is just about exactly how I feel on the subject. It is what it is and we just have to hope things pick up? I like Pedro and I hope it works out. Results will dictate his future. Lets see what's happens at Dingwall?

"There is a popular saying that the “league table never lies”. Would it be prudent to wait until the end of the season and put this theory to the test rather than jump on the managerial merry go round prematurely? "

Pedro definitely won't last a year if we fall well behind Aberdeen and maybe others as we move into November/December.

A solid minimum second is an absolute must but it's way too early to be talking about changing managers. Personally I don't expect to see the very best of this team till into the second quarter. Pedro has to be given at least half the season to get this thing clicking.

I like Pedro I can see what he's trying to do and I wouldn't want him sacked until he's had a right good stab at it with a team he's built. If he does get the bag, as much as I like Derek he's a good lad I wouldn't have McInnes nor would I have or Walter... however Tommy Wright I would have.

Patience is a virtue the Rangers support don't have, we demand excellence and a winning team every week, if that's not happening the pressure is on big time. You can fool some of the support some of the time, some of them all the time, but not all the support all of the time, The Warburton case being a point of fact, he had most of us buying into his magic circle for a while, then the doubts crept in, i'm not calling for Pedro's head yet, but there's a doubt crept in, it's up to him to convince us we are wrong, starting this Sunday.