Pedro: Carlos Is Working Hard

I'm not too bothered if the guy is having difficulty adjusting to a new country and playing style, I cannot accept it if he is out bevvying and not putting in extra sessions to get up to match sharpness.

I dont know which of the two above is actually true. In the Glasgow goldfish bowl you hear an awful lot of stories that are not true. If Pena was out on the sauce as often as suggested the Daily Rhebel would have splashed it across the pages by now is my guess.

Pena taking time to adjust (if true) is fine as long as the other players are pulling their weight. Our 5 game-season so far with 2 wins 2 defeats and a draw and with our worst ever defeat in our 145 year history shows clearly that the players and management are not doing the business just now. So lets blame the guy who has hardly played at all!

What if bringing him on meant we lost ?

As for the comparison tot he Hibs game... do I really need to explain the differences ? We were down 3-1 against Hibs, game lost, bring him on with little pressure.... vs game on a knife edge against Hearts, bring him on... pressure is infinitely greater.

He'd have been an instant villain if he had given the ball away that led to us losing the game. See, all about moments.....

Like I suggest in my post anyone can come on in a 0-3 or 3-0 game so it doesn't test anyone. Playing him against Hibs is all well and good but it's hardly releasing him on anyone. Because we'd effectively conceded the midfield it also didn't tell us much about the player.

We were, however, dominating the game against Hearts and needed someone to bring that wee bit magic - more so when it was obvious Kranjcar., Dorrans and Miller couldn't do it. If that's not the time to release a £2.5m attacking midfielder signed to create goals then I don't know what is.

I'm not interested in worrying about mistakes. I want to see our investment realised. I don't think that's unreasonable eight weeks after signing him.

Like I suggest in my post anyone can come on in a 0-3 or 3-0 game so it doesn't test anyone. Playing him against Hibs is all well and good but it's hardly releasing him on anyone. Because we'd effectively conceded the midfield it also didn't tell us much about the player.

We were, however, dominating the game against Hearts and needed someone to bring that wee bit magic - more so when it was obvious Kranjcar., Dorrans and Miller couldn't do it. If that's not the time to release a £2.5m attacking midfielder signed to create goals then I don't know what is.

I'm not interested in worrying about mistakes. I want to see our investment realised. I don't think that's unreasonable eight weeks after signing him.

Exactly. We should not be afraid to play our most expensive signing. If we are afraid to test him properly then that is just as bad as if he's unfit.

But playing him against Hearts was not an ideal situation. You tried to compare the game against Hibs to the one against Hearts - if comparing then you have to compare the circumstances. We were 3-1 down against Hibs and in a stadium of 50,000 I doubt even 1 of them would have favored us to get a result. Ergo, easo to bring him on.

Against Hearts there was, even prior to the game, an air of "We are going to do them today", in part because of the Hibs game the week earlier. That it never happened suggests that bringing him on wasn't the best of ideas. Sure, he could have won us the game. But equally so, he could have lost us the game. Even if he did neither, the likelihood is that the fans would have been on his back had he not made a positive influence. Is this seriously what you wish upon someone who is rumoured to be struggling to come to terms with Glasgow ? On the flip side.... if we wait till we are in a 3-0 game or even a 0-3 game to bring him on then he likely wont start this season (Celtic aside), So, at some point, we need to let a grown man, getting paid lots of money, prove or disprove their worth.

Kranjcar was a sub at the weekend was he not ? So the "obvious" didn't happen till late in the game with him, and even then he had only fairly recently entered the pitch.

Investment realized after 8 weeks ? I want some of your investment suggestions.

How did that meeting with the Board, Pedro & Pena work out ? Or are you admitting it never happened now ?

Why would I admit it never happened,I do know that the Corinthian was a focal point of matters,do you wonder why he is so unfit and overweight, rocket science it isn’t.

So you are privy to internal disciplinary matters @Ibrox, and are happy to breach confidentiality and imply, slyly, that there are issues which

might constitute breach of contract?

You do realise that this could militate against the Club invoking conditions of contract against Snr Pena, should that prove necessary?

Why would I admit it never happened,I do know that the Corinthian was a focal point of matters,do you wonder why he is so unfit and overweight, rocket science it isn’t.

doesn't look particularly over weight too me....

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/110817-Rangers-training/G0000XCHxhxBAEaM/I0000gQe2JLWYp_Q/C00003dgdcivxA28

Yet another negative post spreading unfounded information...