Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

I thought we competed well in the first half. Typical cheating from CT denied us a pen and the chance to play against at least 3 of their side on an early yellow card, with a lead to hold on to. I would have loved to see how both teams played if we got the opener.

I don't know what Pedro says at half time but we just didn't come out to play in the second half, losing the vital opening goal to sloppy play, then weakening the side with the wrong first sub. We can't just compete for 45 mins every week.

When the second goal went in (looked like poor goalkeeping again but I was at the other end?) we just completely chucked it. To have inferior players and lose the game is one thing, to totally capitulate and not lay a glove on them in the last half hour was what really annoyed me. We let them cruise through the rest of the game and only poor choices and poor finishing avoided this becoming a re-run of the last Ibrox OF game. The manager must take the blame for our lack of belief and fight when we go behind, it's happening far too often. 10 points dropped after only 7 games, only one home league win in 4 attempts, 8 points behind already. At what point do we say enough? 15 behind after playing everyone once? 3 tough away games (Ham,St J, Hearts) in next 4 now that the Dolly game is postponed. Or do we judge by how many we are behind Dolly and forget about the scum altogether? That might be fairer on Pedro but given we have vastly outspent everyone else in the league we really don't want to fall any further behind them either.

As a footnote, and to try to find some positivity, every time I see this Celtic side I am less and less impressed with them. If we had spent about £40M on a squad and only had that to show for it, I would be quite upset. Team of physical brutes with very little creative talent. I hear Roberts got MOTM, I thought he was garbage and was hooked because Rodgers agreed! £2M loan fee just to borrow him for a year is terrible business. Easy win for Anderlecht coming up I think! If only we could get our act together we won't need to outspend them to catch and overtake them.

The gap has clearly closed since last season but the message from today was how far we still have to go to be competitive. At this pace, without huge new investment, it will be years before we have a hope of seeing a league flag flying at Ibrox.

Perhaps the most depressing thing is the way we still can't come back from losing the first goal. Pre-admin we just rolled our sleeves up and went on to win. Now we collapse completely. What Jock Wallace called "character" is in short supply at Ibrox.

Edited by Bill

10 points dropped after only 7 games, only one home league win in 4 attempts, 8 points behind already. At what point do we say enough? 15 behind after playing everyone once? 3 tough away games (Ham,St J, Hearts) in next 4 now that the Dolly game is postponed. Or do we judge by how many we are behind Dolly and forget about the scum altogether? That might be fairer on Pedro but given we have vastly outspent everyone else in the league we really don't want to fall any further behind them either.

As a footnote, and to try to find some positivity, every time I see this Celtic side I am less and less impressed with them. If we had spent about £40M on a squad and only had that to show for it, I would be quite upset. Team of physical brutes with very little creative talent. I hear Roberts got MOTM, I thought he was garbage and was hooked because Rodgers agreed! £2M loan fee just to borrow him for a year is terrible business. Easy win for Anderlecht coming up I think! If only we could get our act together we won't need to outspend them to catch and overtake them.

I think we are going to come through these 3 tough away games with 9 points.

Have read most of the posts(just back in from game),and find it hard to disagree with most.

A decent first half filled me with some hope but the slow start to the second done us again.

I thought we had started to come together but the display in the second 45 was depressing,only three came through with pass marks,IMO,Jack,Morelos and head and shoulders above the rest young McCrorie.

Still a long way to go and again,IMO, Miller needs to hang up his boots,Pena looks a bit of a dud,Dorrans has failed to sparkle and Windass,Hodson are not Rangers quality,whatever that is nowadays.