[FT] Hamilton 1 - 4 Rangers (John 21, 25; Candeias 27; Dorrans 59 pen)

I think Pena has something but he was awful tonight.

To be honest with you Gonzo Pena wasnt really at the races tonight but he did enough for me in there to suggest that he's a grafter as well as a creator when he's tip top ready.

I think we also need to factor in the shambles that is occurring right now. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Much as i hope our new recruits settle in, it doesnt look like thats £2 million well spent. Big mistake. Compare the players Aberdeen for instance have had through their books in the last couple of seasons for a fraction of the price. I'm sorry, this is the only place i can vent my frustration. Not the man for the job. I cant count a win against Accies as a promising u turn. Would you ever have witnessed Mr Smith engage with a player? No chance, Mr Smith is fully aware of the class it takes to hold the position of the manager of Glasgow Rangers.

Why is it even a question to begin with... because Keef 'Rhebel' Jackson said so? GS above me makes the point and to a certain extent I agree with him.

Sorry, disagree entirely. I would have loved him to come up here and set the place on fire. For me it appears - unless a drastic turnaround in performance - is £2 million that we cant afford thrown away.

I dont need him to set the place on fire. I need him to in no uncertain terms kick folk up the bahooki and steal an edge. That's what a box to box midfielder is supposed to do the fact he has already weighed in with goals is a bonus for me.

I like the look of D John, reminds me in Cresswell at West Ham.

Pleased with the result and for Pedro. It seems to be the theme that the jury is still out on him but the majority want him to succeed. There is improvement, we look a better and more organised team from last season and dont have just Plan A. And it is still early days. Just a shame about another international break.

FWIW I think Pedro was sitting back to let the players take responsibility. I don't buy the amateur psychologists and body language interpreters views that he is a broken man. Utter garbage. Eventually they (players) have to fight for themselves and if necessary put a foot in and not expect the manager to fight their battles and I think there was some evidence they did that tonight. Long way to go but he deserved that for all the bullsh*t he had taken from the media. Brilliant to see Candeias run to him. If we can show more aggression on the front foot and play with self belief like DJ did we will improve further. Must get through the series of games finishing with the double header against the sheep with an uplift in fiorm and points. And btw fir a team that couldn't score last year we are looking much more clinical although again lots of improvement from certain individuals required.

He was ill, as was confirmed on our homepage now.

All this extra attention that is being put on everything these days - most likely utterly intensified by a heinous mhedia that has not much else to report about - is getting to people. In years if not decades gone by what had tons of similar and "worse" wins, which you could term "workmanlike" at best. With far better players. All no longer important in the "cold light of this current campaign" ... but nonetheless they happened. Not too long ago we might have lost games like today, with people lacking character and determination. We are far from being a finished article, but right now we are meeting expectations ... that is expectations that we are sure on course for 2nd place and all cups. People should lay off the papers and the garbage mumbled at BT for a while ...

NB: If John continues with his game like he does, we should offer him a permanent deal in January, as he'll be a freebie next summer.

Edited by der Berliner

For the greater good of Glasgow Rangers, i dont think winning tonight was vital... unfortunately i think losing tonight was vital. I hope i come back to eat my words, but i know i wont.

I'm just gonna leave this here... The Mhanky mob beat Hamilton 4-1 at New Douglas park earlier in Sept and apparently they are world beaters but we do it with 10 men and we are shite... wtf is that all about?