[FT] Hamilton 1 - 4 Rangers (John 21, 25; Candeias 27; Dorrans 59 pen)

As I said above, the first team will cross the big pond and play a friendly against Benfica in Hamilton, Canada. Hand the fringe players some game time and rake in a few hundred quid as well, I reckon. Wonder how many of Benfica's stars will be on show though.

Edited by der Berliner

Sounds better than Pedro's record and as I said he had improved the team the 2 losses were early on if I remember right. Pedro hasn't even got near to taking a point off Celtic. Telling Aberdeen their days as Scotland's No 2 was also at least 2 months premature possibly longer.

The Scum are no benchmark and as you know, every game against them is different. Murty knew he wasn't in for the long haul, so he did not make any statements. And we'll have to wait and see how Aberdeen get along this season, they sure did not set the heather on fire last time around ... or at any time during our absence. Given that we improved squad-wise, it is fair to say that we should end up better than them. Well, of course TLB and his lot is going for second too and we will see how that come about today! In fact, quite a few teams "above us" at the moment play against one another this weekend, so we will catch up one way or another.

Edited by der Berliner

Both penalties less penalties than the one we should have had last week by the way.

no they weren't

our penalty tonight was as bad a penalty to give away as you will ever see and a blatant red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity, terrible refereeing

Sounds better than Pedro's record and as I said he had improved the team the 2 losses were early on if I remember right. Pedro hasn't even got near to taking a point off Celtic. Telling Aberdeen their days as Scotland's No 2 was also at least 2 months premature possibly longer.
It may sound like it but its not even close to being so.

The one exception was Kevin Thomson, who continually emphasised the good things about Rangers and refused to be talk down by Sutton

I've mentioned on here before that my kid gets private training sessions with Kevin.

Having got to know him over the last few months he really is an absolute gem of a person. Very humble, down to earth, bright, intelligent, passionate about the game and the kids development.

Rangers could do a whole lot worse than have Kevin in the Academy as a coach. The kids absolutely love him.

Despite being a Hibby, he has nothing but good things to say about Rangers... aside from McCoist "getting it wrong" and "missing a chance" in the lower leagues to bring the youngsters through.

This was a good result and an example of what the team can do when they get going because Accies are not easy to beat. The majority of their losses are by the odd goal while they also beat hubz 3-1 in Edinburgh.

Only one other has handed them such a trouncing with the exact same 4-1 result at their plastic patch and that was the unmentionables. Even after going down to 10 men we still scored again. Any other support in the league would view it as impressive.

This was a good result and an example of what the team can do when they get going because Accies are not easy to beat. The majority of their losses are by the odd goal while they also beat hubz 3-1 in Edinburgh.

Only one other has handed them such a trouncing with the exact same 4-1 result at their plastic patch and that was the unmentionables. Even after going down to 10 men we still scored again. Any other support in the league would view it as impressive.

I am very pleased at how it ended after the horror feeling of minute one but I do think it is worth noting that Hamilton were atrocious. I think they had a number of players out - half a team maybe? - it certainly looked that way. They gave us a corner once from the half way line with us with 10 men and none of them near the ball. They gifted us goals. Their own manager admitted it was unacceptable and suicidally sloppy. They may not have been easy to beat in the games you mention, I have no idea, but they certainly were last night.

I am happy we came back and won as we did, but I don't think comparing other Hamilton scores is necessarily instructive unless they had the same players playing just as badly. They weren't just poor, they were putrid. Between their abysmal performance and the horrendous pitch, my eyes were bleeding. We were on a pitch and v opponents that had nothing to do with football. Thank f@ck we pulled together and came through the occasion, however.

PS I am very happy for Pedro and the team, this is in no way getting at them, just at Hamilton!

Edited by SteveC

I've mentioned on here before that my kid gets private training sessions with Kevin.

Having got to know him over the last few months he really is an absolute gem of a person. Very humble, down to earth, bright, intelligent, passionate about the game and the kids development.

Rangers could do a whole lot worse than have Kevin in the Academy as a coach. The kids absolutely love him.

Get a room...

giphy.gif

I'm not jealous.

Edited by Rousseau