[FT] Rangers 0 - 2 Motherwell

Really looking forward to Sunday’s game. Was the last time the two teams met at Hampden the Davie Cooper cup final where I’m sure Maurice Ross scored and we won pretty comfortably?

I’m expecting a good game and as has happened a few times this season there’s a hint of optimism and I think for a change we will build on the hype.

There is certainly a decent team in there and it’s starting to click a bit more. This is understandable and you could argue the team have actually had a good start to the season given our first 11 has around 7-8 new signings in it. Especially the guys from abroad as the west of Scotland goldfish bowl can’t be the easiest place to settle. But we are starting to see signs of a good team and I expect we’ll improve further in Jan.

This is a competition we can win and set us up for the season. Celtic will have a tough test against Hibs in an early Sat afternoon kickoff after a night in Munich on Wed. How great would a rerun of the Scottish Cup final in 2016 be!

I agree with Frankie’s team. Jack has done enough to merit coming back in and we now know Holt can step up if needed. Dorrans really coming onto a game now with Candyass working tirelessly down that right side. It’s a big pitch and there will be space for Windass to attack so let’s hope he ups his game and starts to prove some of the doubters, and I’m one of them, wrong.

An early goal to settle the nerves and then run out 3-1 winners to meet Hibs in the final! Buzzing for it on Sunday

Really looking forward to Sunday’s game. Was the last time the two teams met at Hampden the Davie Cooper cup final where I’m sure Maurice Ross scored and we won pretty comfortably?

I’m expecting a good game and as has happened a few times this season there’s a hint of optimism and I think for a change we will build on the hype.

There is certainly a decent team in there and it’s starting to click a bit more. This is understandable and you could argue the team have actually had a good start to the season given our first 11 has around 7-8 new signings in it. Especially the guys from abroad as the west of Scotland goldfish bowl can’t be the easiest place to settle. But we are starting to see signs of a good team and I expect we’ll improve further in Jan.

This is a competition we can win and set us up for the season. Celtic will have a tough test against Hibs in an early Sat afternoon kickoff after a night in Munich on Wed. How great would a rerun of the Scottish Cup final in 2016 be!

I agree with Frankie’s team. Jack has done enough to merit coming back in and we now know Holt can step up if needed. Dorrans really coming onto a game now with Candyass working tirelessly down that right side. It’s a big pitch and there will be space for Windass to attack so let’s hope he ups his game and starts to prove some of the doubters, and I’m one of them, wrong.

An early goal to settle the nerves and then run out 3-1 winners to meet Hibs in the final! Buzzing for it on Sunday

Agree with everything you say mate except meeting the hobos again. If we never meet the again it will be to soon. I genuinely despise everything about their gutter club.

Agree with everything you say mate except meeting the hobos again. If we never meet the again it will be to soon. I genuinely despise everything about their gutter club.

I agree though I feel the same way re their opponents.

That team sounds about right only doubt barring injuries is it Jack ,or Holt neither or works for me ,if pushed I would probably choose Jack.

If it gets physical he has the edge over Holt

I feel it will be physical because that's all Motherwell have in my view. If they try to play football we will play them off the park on the wide open spaces of Hampden. I had a look at some of the highlights from their win against the sheep and what I saw was a lot of hoof ball from both parties with Motherwell capitalising on high balls into the box.

I'd be happy if Hibs and Celtc both disappeared. Two horrible clubs.

I remember clearly wondering what life would be like without Celtic when it looked like they were broke and sinking fast in 1994. We went on to celebrate NIAR and won a whole cabinet full of trophies while a humiliated Celtic were rescued by Fergus McCann and slowly put their house in order. Less than 20 years later, we had buried ourselves in debt to satisfy Murray's ambition and eventually imploded in 2012.

This catastrophic reversal of fortunes should never have happened, we all know that now, but the fact it did should teach us all that wishing misfortune on others can sometimes come back and bite you on the arse.

The referee for Sunday’s Betfred Cup semi-final clash with Rangers is Steven McLean.

McLean will be assisted by Graeme Stewart and Stuart Stevenson, with Alan Muir on Fourth Official duties.

I remember clearly wondering what life would be like without Celtic when it looked like they were broke and sinking fast in 1994. We went on to celebrate NIAR and won a whole cabinet full of trophies while a humiliated Celtic were rescued by Fergus McCann and slowly put their house in order. Less than 20 years later, we had buried ourselves in debt to satisfy Murray's ambition and eventually imploded in 2012.

This catastrophic reversal of fortunes should never have happened, we all know that now, but the fact it did should teach us all that wishing misfortune on others can sometimes come back and bite you on the arse.

I seem to remember that they were not that bad and always gave us a fight in those days, and were not exactly miles off in the league. That said, McCann created a new company in 1994 which worked alongside the two existing ones and sure worked some business "wonders" behind the scenes to shed the debt and troubles. Including securing that ominous 19m Co-op Bank deal with ultra low rates (no fiancial doping, of course; it is due next year).

As for Murray and "our debt", do keep in mind that we were working along adequately at the time, reducing the debt and still fielding good line-ups. The EBT stuff would have come around eventually, but who knows how it would have turned out without the leak of all the details on letters and whatnot. It would be good to know the full story of what made Murray hand over Rangers to Whyte, but we'll probably never know. I'm still at a loss why Whyte walks about with a grin on his face ...