[FT] Rangers 0 - 2 Motherwell

I remember clearly wondering what life would be like without Celtic when it looked like they were broke and sinking fast in 1994. We went on to celebrate NIAR and won a whole cabinet full of trophies while a humiliated Celtic were rescued by Fergus McCann and slowly put their house in order. Less than 20 years later, we had buried ourselves in debt to satisfy Murray's ambition and eventually imploded in 2012.

This catastrophic reversal of fortunes should never have happened, we all know that now, but the fact it did should teach us all that wishing misfortune on others can sometimes come back and bite you on the arse.

Big big difference from their timplosion to our actual implosion was, we Rangers football club and supporters didn't actively work against them. Agitate and encourage other clubs to throw them out the league, try to make the SFA to steal their titles, I think i'm accurate in saying that has change the mindset of the average Rangers fan, where once we couldn't give two monkeys about others clubs, to a situation today where we wish on them, all the troubles they worked extremely hard to harm us with.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

On Sunday, Rangers face Motherwell in the Betfred Cup semi final at Hampden. Other games will eclipse this as we go through the campaign, but this is the most important match of the season so far.

Motherwell are in good form, only a point off Rangers in the league as things stand. Their 3-0 win over Aberdeen in the quarter final was the standout performance of the competition so far. Their style of play, which sees a lot of crosses from various angles, is one which can hurt teams as it doesn’t require a high level of consistent subtlety. That’s not to say they’re some sort of team of hammer throwers. They do possess a lot of height and strength, though, so they quite rightly use that.

. . .

http://www.rangersnews.uk/match-preview/rangers-v-motherwell-betfred-cup-semi-final-preview-need-strong-steelmen/

EDIT: Sorry, if i posted this in the wrong place. I was looking for the Rangers/Motherwell semi final thread.

Edited by ranger_syntax

All four of Motherwell's goals v Rangers since the start of last season have stemmed from crossed balls.

Rangers scored five goals in the last 10 minutes of games against Motherwell last season.

Daniel Candeias and Richard Tait have the highest number of crosses per game in the league (6.99 and 5.73).

Motherwell have beaten Rangers just three times since the turn of the millennium, including a 6-1 aggregate victory in the 2014/2015 Championship play-off.

All four of Motherwell's goals v Rangers since the start of last season have stemmed from crossed balls.

Rangers scored five goals in the last 10 minutes of games against Motherwell last season.

Daniel Candeias and Richard Tait have the highest number of crosses per game in the league (6.99 and 5.73).

Motherwell have beaten Rangers just three times since the turn of the millennium, including a 6-1 aggregate victory in the 2014/2015 Championship play-off.

PC mentioned as much, saying they've been working on wide deliveries.