Confirmed: Pedro Sacked

Having dodged a financial payoff when Warburton & Weir left under their own steam, by installing Pedro we took a decision which made it more likely that a pay out for a sacking would be more likely, more quickly. A gamble, as many have called it. Whoever gets the nod next time shouldn't be a gamble.

And do we need to take one, anyway? The KPI's for the next man in are going to be easily the most modest for any manager in the club's history, excepting perhaps the first one. What do we expect, if the next manager gets 18 months?

- Pumping the SPL dross

- Qualify for the UEFA, as we used to call it

- Don't get tanked by Euro ultraminnows in said UEFA

- Give the tims a game

That's it. Every appointment is a gamble but there are countless journeyman managers out there who can achieve the above. I would actually back myself to achieve that list and I have zero experience in football management. You're looking to recruit three or four decent pro's who command a wage (out with the reach of all teams in our league bar the tims but not a King's ransom); instill a system of playing; and get the players fit enough to do it. That's it. Just a shame Hodgson got the job at Palace, I'd have loved him to come in. Stability and a bit of class.

Alex McLeish

Chris Powell

Steve McLaren

Robbie Nielson

Alex Neil

Alex Smith, ffs, managed it while in temporary charge of Falkirk just there

Neil McCann

Uncle Tom Cobley

and all

If they screw up again, the board need to walk.

I wonder who it'll be getting the boot this time next season, and how much the guy in-between PC and him will have cost to pay off.

Perhaps if they are all over their sour grapes by then, they can issue a statement saying the club is impossible to manage because it exists in a country where everyone outside its immediate family hates it and is allowed to demonise, assault and cheat it with impunity.

Meanwhile "the greatest team the Scottish nation has ever seen", as they'll be pithily known by then, will be heading ever closer to not only 10-in-a -row but to reaching 55 and beyond.

I used to be depressed at ageing, were I in Scotland I'd be getting a bus pass next year, but I'm now depressed at not being old enough.

I hear Kent's voice from the end of King Lear:

He hates him.

That would upon the rack of this tough world.

Stretch him out longer.

Edited by SteveC

The Rangers Observer‏ @RangersObserver

Pedro gone. All the best to him. Attacks on him started the minute he arrived but bottom line is he’s not been able to improve things.

Pedro a very decent man who’s time at Rangers just hasn’t worked out. Next appointment absolutely crucial. Graeme Murty takes temp charge.​

Pedro correctly takes ultimate responsibility but some of the players should be taking a long, hard look at themselves.​

What more can you say on such a day. And the week will conclude with a 3-0 defeat in Jamboland, most likely.

Having dodged a financial payoff when Warburton & Weir left under their own steam, by installing Pedro we took a decision which made it more likely that a pay out for a sacking would be more likely, more quickly. A gamble, as many have called it. Whoever gets the nod next time shouldn't be a gamble.

And do we need to take one, anyway? The KPI's for the next man in are going to be easily the most modest for any manager in the club's history, excepting perhaps the first one. What do we expect, if the next manager gets 18 months?

- Pumping the SPL dross

- Qualify for the UEFA, as we used to call it

- Don't get tanked by Euro ultraminnows in said UEFA

- Give the tims a game

That's it. Every appointment is a gamble but there are countless journeyman managers out there who can achieve the above. I would actually back myself to achieve that list and I have zero experience in football management. You're looking to recruit three or four decent pro's who command a wage (out with the reach of all teams in our league bar the tims but not a King's ransom); instill a system of playing; and get the players fit enough to do it. That's it. Just a shame Hodgson got the job at Palace, I'd have loved him to come in. Stability and a bit of class.

Alex McLeish

Chris Powell

Steve McLaren

Robbie Nielson

Alex Neil

Alex Smith, ffs, managed it while in temporary charge of Falkirk just there

Neil McCann

Uncle Tom Cobley

and all

If they screw up again, the board need to walk.

Kenny Miller is apparently bookies favourite.

There are only two kinds of manager we can approach. Those who wouldnt touch it with a barge pole and those who couldn’t do the job. It’s a poisoned chalice and that won’t change under the current board. That’s pretty much the extent of my optimism.