Confirmed: Pedro Sacked

Manager speculation - 'Safe': McInnes, Walter, McCall | 'Interesting': Gaultier, Neil, Allardyce, Preud'homme | 'Dreaming': Gio, Favre

Who do you fancy?

Is that Brett Favre ? The way opponents are physical with us we may indeed need NFL pads.

I could be convinced to take Walter to the end of the season to allow the Board the time to assess PROPERLY the options. Walter would also be easy to convince to step aside should that new recruit come in earlier than expected.

Must admit, of all of the ones mentioned above the only one that would appeal to me would be Gio. Allardyce would be "safe" in my view, but not a long term option I don't think. He does, however, know how to make silk from sows ears with less fashionable clubs.

Some others who I think would be good options, though probably unlikely to come to us....

Monk (just moved jobs recently)

Wagner (unlikely to get him sadly)

Then we have those who are out of a job but unlikely to come to us :

De Boer (what the heck, bring both of them in)

Numan (did well with Dutch youth teams... loves the club... ready to be his own man ??)

The others who definitely wouldn't come to us, sadly :

Ancelotti

Ranieri

Enrique

Too busy at work to actually have a proper think on these.

Wikipedia have Murty in the seat as of today, albeit temporary:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rangers_F.C._managers#Managers

It's an interesting page. Three managers 1899-1967 and three in 2017. Stats that scream "CRISES", I fear.

Get Bocanegra over with even 10% of his current team's budget. ;)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41726695

Edited by SteveC

Manager speculation - 'Safe': McInnes, Walter, McCall | 'Interesting': Gaultier, Neil, Allardyce, Preud'homme | 'Dreaming': Gio, Favre

Who do you fancy?

McInnes, Walter, McCall: No, No, No

We need to look beyond our own walls. McInnes is doing a decent job at Aberdeen, but they ain't challenging Ceptic - seeming demolished the other night. He might get us a few points closer, but nothing more Essentially they are on the same level as us. Done nothing in Europe, and little domestically - how is that an improvement???

This is a no brainer. They MUST find the cash require to bring in the best candidate they can, no if's, but's or maybe's. The Board cannot cut any corners with this.

What are we using for cash?

As I said in another post: too demanding to be a project, too broke not to be. Is there another club in the world where the gap between expectations and resources is a great?

This is a no brainer. They MUST find the cash require to bring in the best candidate they can, no if's, but's or maybe's. The Board cannot cut any corners with this.

Paying vast sums for the manager is more important than paying vast sums for a player. Just ask the Tims. Rodgers turned them around completely with only a couple of signings last season.

Pay the money to get the right manager... however, that could leave us short of cash to sign players... which a marquee manager would want assurances on.

I think Walter has more than earned his retirement and we should leave him to enjoy it, but even he might have had enough of what's been going on and be available for a short term?

I think Allardyce could fall in to the safe rather than interesting camp, but its not a massively forward thinking appointment. But do we have that luxury when we're struggling to even get a proper foothold in the league and match clubs around us, let alone challenge for the title?

What are we using for cash?

As I said in another post: too demanding to be a project, too broke not to be. Is there another club in the world where the gap between expectations and resources is a great?

No idea where the cash will come from, but they need to find some.

We simply can't afford to take another gamble or cut-price option. If that means less to spend on players initially, then so be it. Any knew manager should be made aware of recent spending & told that any more cash will only be available if the results improve.

Who do you fancy?

wage is less than £1m so gio favre allardyce are all out and most likely Neil too unless he has no other offers from lower league English sides and is willing to take a big pay cut.

Walter has retired and won't return especially with king and park in situ. He won't work for them.

Mccinnes we can't afford plus he doesn't want the job.

Will be Kenny miller and Barry Ferguson with most likely Mcleish as mentor.if we can afford all three if not probably add in JJ instead of Mcleish

McInnes, Walter, McCall: No, No, No

We need to look beyond our own walls. McInnes is doing a decent job at Aberdeen, but they ain't challenging Ceptic - seeming demolished the other night. He might get us a few points closer, but nothing more Essentially they are on the same level as us. Done nothing in Europe, and little domestically - how is that an improvement???

Playing devil's advocate, we're struggling to challenge Aberdeen at the moment. When Warburton was appointed I genuinely thought we'd be top four first season then challenging Celtic properly the second season, before building on that to be realistic contenders this year.

We're so far away from that its scary.