Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Advocatt would be very far down my list of choices.

It is not really about Advocaat it is about Murty getting experienced back up. This would be positive in the short term but would also be putting a step into the future.

It’s all about opinions... but he’s a better tactician than McInnes BY FAR. In my opinion of course.
And way way worse at motivating players.

Knows less about scottish football and working within a budget.

He had to spend about a hundred million just to win 2 titles and do worse in europe than eck.

Id rather have tommy wright

And way way worse at motivating players.

Knows less about scottish football and working within a budget.

He had to spend about a hundred million just to win 2 titles and do worse in europe than eck.

Id rather have tommy wright

giphy.gif

Surely, surely, we've been shown that Tommy Wright is not... 'wright' for Rangers :D -- St Johnstone are plummeting!! The stats have actually been saying so for a while; they weren't scoring, conceding far too many shots etc.

Edited by Rousseau

If it came down to a choice between Wright and McInness I'm not sure which one I'd choose. I really admire what Wright has done at St Johnstone on a considerably smaller budget than McInness has. It's a big step up to Rangers though.

If it came down to a choice between Wright and McInness I'm not sure which one I'd choose. I really admire what Wright has done at St Johnstone on a considerably smaller budget than McInness has. It's a big step up to Rangers though.

He [Wright] has done an admirable job, but for me, there is no question McInnes is better.

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever DA will return.

I still think McInnes was favourite until better candidates declared their interest.

Now the Rangers board have given themselves a problem of their own making.

Never sack a manager unless you've got a replacement lined up

I would agree to this, only that we have the rather unique option of Graeme Murty doing an admirable job, as he did before. Like I said, the games Murty had and has to navigate are not that difficult (well, as "not-difficult" as it gets these days), so the board et al has still a fortnight ere the Sheep-games happen by.

On a sidenote, I noted Peter Lövenkrands was attending the Rangers training sessions too. Novo did so last time around, so it might very well mean nothing. Yet, you wonder whether our MoF has a more modern "management modell" in mind with a number of coaches and a head-coach, rather than the usual gaffer and assistant.

I see no problem in principle with the likes of Advocate backing up Murty. However, in practice, this seldom works unless there is a pre-existing relationship between the two. What you end up with is the senior man dominating rather than supporting and the outcome is disaster for all.