Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I have got a hard on for John van t' Schip of Zwolle. He has got a regional team playing like world beaters. They have dropped points recently because half their team was injured but he has them playing fantastic football and had a normal relegation fighter up to 3rd place in the league.

Yeah I dont see the Monk obsession right now, hasnt done a bad job but shouldnt be prepelled so high. Id have M Laudrup over him at Ibrox everyday of the week.

Every man and their Dog would prefer Laudrup to Monk. Laudrup is completely unrealistic, though. Monk could be an option... maybe.

It's amazing how we differ. Whereas you like him, I see Warnock as a complete NO, NO, NO, NO! While I see Monk as an interesting option.

Every man and their Dog would prefer Laudrup to Monk. Laudrup is completely unrealistic, though. Monk could be an option... maybe.

It's amazing how we differ. Whereas you like him, I see Warnock as a complete NO, NO, NO, NO! While I see Monk as an interesting option.

Why would Laudrup be unrealistic? Im pretty sure his brother would have some sway in his thoughts.

I used to dislike (I refuse to used the word hate now unless its onions in sandwiches or smoking in restaurants) Warnock especially at Sheff Utd. But he is proven to be good. How he kept Rotherham up 2 seasons ago was amazing and he has had numerous great runs in the Championship. We are not at a level to compete where we want to be yet, I say Warnock would punch us right up a level.

All humans differ young man.....experience :drink::thup:

Why would Laudrup be unrealistic? Im pretty sure his brother would have some sway in his thoughts.

I used to dislike (I refuse to used the word hate now unless its onions in sandwiches or smoking in restaurants) Warnock especially at Sheff Utd. But he is proven to be good. How he kept Rotherham up 2 seasons ago was amazing and he has had numerous great runs in the Championship. We are not at a level to compete where we want to be yet, I say Warnock would punch us right up a level.

All humans differ young man.....experience :drink::thup:

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but, I don't know, I just feel he is outwith our grasp.

He probably would, but he seems like a short-term option. I think we need a long-term rebuild. He's not the answer. The football would be terrible, and he's more of a lower-league manager; his greatest successes were with smaller sides, punching above their weight, preferably with a bit of money behind them.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but, I don't know, I just feel he is outwith our grasp.

He probably would, but he seems like a short-term option. I think we need a long-term rebuild. He's not the answer. The football would be terrible, and he's more of a lower-league manager; his greatest successes were with smaller sides, punching above their weight, preferably with a bit of money behind them.

Rangers probably checks those list at the moment.

I dont agree with the long term thing unless its the right man, I would have no issues with an impact manager on the short term to start winning games again on a consistent basis. Winning then breeds itself to an extent.

The worst thing about now is outwith Pedros bad results we have lost silly games under Murty where had we actually take just 4-6 out of these games we would be in a title run from nowhere. This should be the season where we show we are on our way back but its not and we have to wait until August again to see.

Laudrup had previously suggested that he wouldn't be interested in managing a club where he was expected to win all the time. Not sure if that would rule is out or whether it still applies.

I'd be happy with Monk. I think he'd do a good job for us.

Laudrup had previously suggested that he wouldn't be interested in managing a club where he was expected to win all the time. Not sure if that would rule is out or whether it still applies.

If that's true I'm not surprised he's managing out in Qatar where no-one really notices

Win every game or win every trophy?

Dont actually think Rangers fans expect to win EVERY time, I think we are level headed and want the 1990s type return.