Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Just gave Jim (not a bigot himself) two good reasons on Twitter.

1. One of the names he mentioned is far too defensive in outlook to manage Rangers.

2. The other fella spits on our colours and thinks we're cheating orange bastards.

we really need to step away from reacting to pish ......

why would we allow ourselves to be wound up....it's beneath sensible people

we really need to step away from reacting to pish ......

why would we allow ourselves to be wound up....it's beneath sensible people

When people call me or my club bigoted, I tend to take umbrage when it's utter, utter p!sh.

Feel free to ignore them - Ill stand up for us both.

When people call me or my club bigoted, I tend to take umbrage when it's utter, utter p!sh.

Feel free to ignore them - Ill stand up for us both.

We don't need to answer all the idiots but when it is someone who is in a position to make mud stick then we have to defend ourselves.

I asked my mate who is a Twenthe fan how Michel Preud"Homme was and he was extremely positive as he led Twenthe to the Johan Cruijff trophy and the Dutch cup. He also finished 2nd in the league just missing out on the championship.

My Questions must then be: Why did he leave Twenthe to go to Saudi Arabia when he could have had a shot at becoming the Dutch Champions. The fact is the team he inherited was the team that Steve McLaren won the ERE Divise with. Did he leave Twenthe for Money or did he see the writing on the wall and know the only way was down. I don't like keepers as trainers and I really doubt if Preud'Hommes record for building a team is as good as it looks. As I say the Twenthe team he got he inherited.

Managerial career[edit]

After his professional football career, Michel Preud'homme stayed at Benfica to become technical director. In September 2000, he suggested the club to attract José Mourinho to become the head coach. At that time, Mourinho was just an interpreter at F.C. Barcelona. Preud'homme met Mourinho when he once visited Barcelona.[20]

Standard Liège[edit]

Preud'homme has been the head coach of Standard Liège twice, the first time from December 2000 to May 2002 and the second time from August 2006 to the end of the 2008 season. After leaving his technical director duties at Benfica, Preud'Homme replaced Tomislav Ivić on 20 December 2000.[21] On May 2002, he left his coach position and became Standard's sporting director.[22]

On 30 August 2006, after Dutchman Johan Boskamp was sacked due to poor results, Preud'homme left his sporting director duties and became Standard's manager for the second time in his career.[23] After Preud'homme's return, Standard Liège won in 2008 its first Belgian Championship in 25 years,[24] and it therefore came as a surprise when he was appointed manager of Gent for the 2008–09 season.[25]

Gent[edit]

Preud'homme moved to K.A.A. Gent on 27 May 2008. With Gent he finished second in the Jupiler Pro League, this was their highest place ever (together with the 1954–1955 season). He also won the Belgian Cup, it was the third time in the history of the club that they won that trophy.

Twente[edit]

On 23 May 2010, it was confirmed that Preud'homme would replace Steve McClaren as the head coach of FC Twente,[26] despite the interest of FC Porto and AC Milan. On 31 July 2010, Preud'homme won his first trophy in Dutch football as Twente defeated Ajax 1–0 in the Johan Cruijff Schaal match. In the last competition match of the season, Twente lost to Ajax and that meant the Dutch title went to Amsterdam and Twente became runners-up. On 8 May 2011, Twente defeated Ajax 3–2 after extra time in the KNVB Cup final held at the De Kuip in Rotterdam.

Al-Shabab Riyadh[edit]

On 13 June 2011, FC Twente confirmed on its website Preud'homme's departure to Saudi Arabia club Al-Shabab Riyadh.[27] By the end of the transfer window, Preud'homme brought Brazilian central midfielder Fernando Menegazzo and Uzbekistani midfielder Server Djeparov.

On 10 September 2011, Al-Shabab won 3–1 at Al-Faisaly in Preud'homme's first Saudi Professional League game as manager. On 10 March 2012, he succeeding RSC Anderlecht coach Ariel Jacobs on winning the Guy Thys Award, the prize for the coach who most contributed to the image of his profession and football.[28]

On 14 April 2012, after a 1–1 draw against Al-Ahli, Al-Shabab clinched the Saudi Professional League title after six years since they had won it for the last time. Shabab finishing the league undefeated, with 19 victories and 7 draws.[29] At the end of the season, he was won the Saudi Arabia Manager of the Year award.[30]

On 10 May, Preud'homme was rewarded with a new contract extension, running until 2016.[31] On 18 September 2013, he and Al-Shabab agreed to part ways, allowing him to sign for Club Brugge one day later.[32]

Club Brugge[edit]

After Juan Carlos Garrido was fired, Preud'homme was appointed head coach of Club Brugge on 19 September 2013.[33] Six days later, he made his debut in a 1–0 win against KSV Oudenaarde. At the end of the season, Preud'homme signed a new contract to remain as Club Brugge manager till 2019.[34]

On 11 February 2015, Preud'homme reached his third Belgian Cup Final, after eliminating rivals Cercle Brugge 8–3 on aggregate. On 22 March 2015, he won that final against rivals Anderlecht. It was the first trophy for Club Brugge in eight years. At the end of the season, Preud'homme was voted Belgian Professional Manager of the Year for the second time.[35]

Preud'homme started the new season losing the 2015 Belgian Super Cup to K.A.A. Gent. In the Belgian Cup, Brugge won 0–2 in the quarter-final against Westerlo. On 3 February 2016, they eliminated Gent on the away goals rule to reach the Cup Final for the second year in a row.[36] Brugge lost the match 2–1 to Standard Liège.

On 15 May 2016, after finishing first in the regular season, Preud'homme won the Jupiler Pro League with Club Brugge in a 4-0 win over Anderlecht. It took the club 11 years since their last victory in the Belgian competition.[37] On 23 May, Preud'homme was voted Manager of The Year for the third time, the second consecutive.[38]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Preud%27homme