Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

That's why I suggested the likes of Preud'Homme should get a Scottish assistant.

McInnes managerial CV boasts just the old 1st division with St Johnstone nearly 10 years ago & a league cup with the sheep when they beat Inverness on penalties 4 years ago.

I don't know about you but I'd expect a bit more than that from an applicant for the Rangers managers job

What McInnes achieved at St Johnstone and latterly at Aberdeen in a one-horse league is at least equivalent to Preud'homme's record. In any case, the question is not who has won most in an entirely different context ... but who is best equipped to succeed at Rangers today. In my humble opinion, of the names I've heard mentioned, that is probably Derek McInnes. I hope I'm right because he is almost certainly our next manager and we'd better start getting behind this one.

I think we need a brittish manager. When theres a big gap in finances guts a grit tend ti be the only way to bridge it.

We will not out play celtc but we can outfight them easily.

We will only have 7/8 players by 90mns then. Be more cards than Clinton’s!

What McInnes achieved at St Johnstone and latterly at Aberdeen in a one-horse league is at least equivalent to Preud'homme's record. In any case, the question is not who has won most in an entirely different context ... but who is best equipped to succeed at Rangers today. In my humble opinion, of the names I've heard mentioned, that is probably Derek McInnes. I hope I'm right because he is almost certainly our next manager and we'd better start getting behind this one.

How is he best-equipped to succeed at Rangers ?? His managerial CV isn't up to much as far as I can see

Who actually started all these McInnes links? I know people wanted him from the days of Warburton, but has there actually been any official or at least semi-official snippet or whisper that actually verifies this wishful thinking and media rumour-mongering?

NB: One rather logical explanation of cutting ties with PC now is that any new manager, assuming that he comes in sooner rather than later, will have time to assess the players and can give the board some indications as to whom he wants in January.

Edited by der Berliner

" Rangers do not intend to speak to Michel Preud'homme about the Ibrox managerial vacancy, Sky Sports News understands.

Reports in the Sunday Mail suggested that the Belgian had already spoken with the Scottish Premiership side, looking for a long-term replacement for Pedro Caixinha after he was sacked last week.

But Sky Sports News understands Rangers are targeting a manager who has a firm knowledge of British football, with their ideal candidate having experience in Scotland.

Preud'homme's agent Ugi Canturk was quoted as saying: "We've had a nice conversation with Rangers and everything is open.

"Michel has been offered a job at Mechelen but that is on hold. We have said that as long as there is no decision yet from Rangers, we don't want to block ourselves.

"Michel is honoured that Rangers would consider him because he sees them as a huge club. They have been down for a few years, but in Europe Rangers are still a big club. So we'll wait to see what they decide. "

Is MPH looking for some more monies from Mechelen?

One rather logical explanation of cutting ties with PC now is that any new manager, assuming that he comes in sooner rather than later, will have time to assess the players and can give the board some indications as to whom he wants in January.

One rather logical explanation of cutting ties with PC now is that any new manager, assuming that he comes in sooner rather than later, will have time to accrue all the points that PC would have dropped by January.