Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

What is it fans are expecting from McInnes, if indeed he is appointed? I keep hearing "safe pair of hands", but what is that?

I'm not sure McInnes is the one to close the gap on them. (I might just do a Pete and start calling him a dud now! :D)

Think I will be in your camp Rousseau

Still can't get my head around his quote last week, " the best we could hope For" 0.3 against them... let that sink in

Think I will be in your camp Rousseau

Still can't get my head around his quote last week, " the best we could hope For" 0.3 against them... let that sink in

....and that was at home, in his ain midden........

That attitude, I am afraid, will not steady the Blues; nor will it frighten the fhilth.

Edited by Uilleam

I would keep Murty until the end of season, in the meantime look out for a Scottish/British manager, like McInnes or someone similar.

I am pretty convinced Murty would be a good enough manager to bring out the best of the team. Depending on the results, why not consider to keep him as first team manager?

Surely this time i wouldn't look for a foreign manager who lacks knowledge of Scottish football in general, but escpecially players and teams.

You start to wonder whether McInnes is indeed a Red Hering to keep the media guessing ... while the board looks about.

Just noted that Alan Pardew has had some contact, though that's probably also just pure speculation.

IMHO, the obvious required qualities aside, you'd hope that any new manager can handle the Scottish media and put them in their place, as well as being an influence at the touchline.

I don’t get the “let’s keep Murty till the end of season” fans.

Yes - Murty is highly regarded at Rangers and I know a few youth coaches who have nothing but positives to say about him.

But - he is far too inexperienced to be the manager of Rangers football club. I also don’t believe he has the self belief required to go toe to toe with Rodgers and his Celtic team.

The anti-Rangers dogmatist, and dog handler, opines in today's paper:

Big call looms for McInnes

Alex McLeish says “Rangers know where to find me” if they are interested. Some Rangers fans want Big Sam Allardyce to come to the rescue following Pedro Caixinha’s sacking. Billy Davies would love the gig … presumably Rangers would not be “beneath” him. One name not mentioned by anyone for the job is Neil Lennon, currently an outstanding Hibernian coach... The money is changing hands more quickly on Derek McInnes leaving Aberdeen for Ibrox. This is a big call for McInnes, whose career has already been blighted once by that financial basket-case called Bristol City. Rangers appear brittle and lacking leadership and with money problems; a form of charity from directors is keeping the club going. In the prime of his managerial life, at 46, is this the right move for McInnes? It might not be.

It's a bigger call for Rangers, than for McInnes, you fool. That aside:

Is he seriously suggesting that McInnes is really too good for Rangers at the moment?

Or does his piece indicate that McInnes is not getting the job, a post for which, I am sure, the dog handler previously, and on several occasions, suggested him?

Or is it just another piece of anti-Rangers sneering?

Edited by Uilleam

What is "outstanding" about Lennon other than his bigotry and crassness? And why would Rangers even think about a manager who is clearly a Rangers hater and the Rangers fans hate him? Even if he was the best manager in the world and he was willing to come for buttons, there would still be no chance.

But yes, anything that failed blogger writes about Rangers is sneering at an outstanding level.

The sooner the media realise they are a big part of the vicious circle going round in Scottish football the better.

I don't know how many times in the last few days I've read about Neil Lennon and Rangers. Of course he isn't going to be offered the job and for obvious reasons.

Bunch of idiots.

I don't believe that McInnes should be the next manager.

I DO think he could do a decent job though....I think he would consolidate our position in 2nd place, but I don't think he offers enough to actually take the club forward to bigger things. I think we would get a bit closer to Ceptic, but I don't think the likes of Aberdeen with a new manager would be too far behind our heels.

If we want to try & catch Ceptic, we MUST get into the Euro group stages - that's where notable sums of cash are available, even the Europa league would bless us with a hefty windfall. McInnes has done nothing in Europe with Aberdeen - not even a sniff of the groups stages!!! 3 domestic finals out of 8, yet no wins.

We need to aim higher than 2nd place. Over the course of a season, it's safe to say that Aberdeen/McInnes haven't really challenged Ceptic over the past few years, so why is that suddenly going to change when managing us??? Folk are saying that he does well on a tight budget, which is true, on a domestic front, not on the bigger stage. What happens if he is handed a bigger budget to buy players??? What happens when he starts dealing with would-be Prima-donas??? Managing a club like Rangers is about more than putting together a decent domestic team - we desire euro competition.

We need a manager that is not afraid of going toe-to-toe with Brenda either tactically, physically or verbally. Someone who can whip the current team into a formidable force - especially when playing @ Ibrox. Someone who isn't phased by the bright lights of Euro competition, someone who is used to progressing past the 2nd qualifying round. Who that person is, I don't know - it's not my job to know or make that call. The Board need to identify that person first & foremost, find out if they will take the job, THEN find the cast to make it happen.