Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Very interesting reading the various different views on our next manager on this thread. Better debate and insight than any red-top or online column that's for sure.

Personally, I really dont have a clue who should be our next manager. I would want to see who applies, go through the list of names and their CV's, and compile a list of possible candidates to interview and see what their vision is, what their expectations are re salary and budget, and see if we can find a good fit somewhere.

Given Killie got a Steve Clarke (I would have called for the nurse if anyone told me that Killie could get someone of those credentials with their budget) then who knows what quality of candidate would throw their hat into the ring for our job. I am hoping to be positively surprised.

Incidentally, had we taken this route back in Feb/Mar, Pedro would never have become our manager. As I said at the time and have consistently restated, Pedro's CV would never have got on a long list for our job, never mind a short list, never mind an interview or appointed. That was pure cronyism and I really hope that error of our ways is obvious to our board and a repeat performance will never occur.

I dont mind having Murty for our home game on Saturday, but by the time we come back from the next international break, we should have the new guy in place. Whoever he is.

Incidentally, isn't it sad (but totally predictable) that the hacks writing about this in the papers always mention cash-strapped, skint, etc, but never that we sell out every match, have a huge and loyal fanbase, another potential windfall from a potential share issue, and our board gave Pedro £10M last summer and haven't ruled out doing it again.

So apart from the occasional cryptic posts on forums along the lines of "I know something you don't know", has there been any hint of the Board's intentions or possible candidates? Or even if someone with a footballing background is advising the Board on this appointment?

Very interesting reading the various different views on our next manager on this thread. Better debate and insight than any red-top or online column that's for sure.

Personally, I really dont have a clue who should be our next manager. I would want to see who applies, go through the list of names and their CV's, and compile a list of possible candidates to interview and see what their vision is, what their expectations are re salary and budget, and see if we can find a good fit somewhere.

Given Killie got a Steve Clarke (I would have called for the nurse if anyone told me that Killie could get someone of those credentials with their budget) then who knows what quality of candidate would throw their hat into the ring for our job. I am hoping to be positively surprised.

Incidentally, had we taken this route back in Feb/Mar, Pedro would never have become our manager. As I said at the time and have consistently restated, Pedro's CV would never have got on a long list for our job, never mind a short list, never mind an interview or appointed. That was pure cronyism and I really hope that error of our ways is obvious to our board and a repeat performance will never occur.

I dont mind having Murty for our home game on Saturday, but by the time we come back from the next international break, we should have the new guy in place. Whoever he is.

Incidentally, isn't it sad (but totally predictable) that the hacks writing about this in the papers always mention cash-strapped, skint, etc, but never that we sell out every match, have a huge and loyal fanbase, another potential windfall from a potential share issue, and our board gave Pedro £10M last summer and haven't ruled out doing it again.

The bit in bold sums up exactly how this process should work. The media line about us being skint is so predictable and inconsistent with what's actually been happening at the club, its just lazy journalism lapped-up by even lazier readers.

I have to say I did a double take when i heard Steve Clarke's name at Killie, the initial "that Steve Clarke?" Could turn out to be a very good move for them.

So apart from the occasional cryptic posts on forums along the lines of "I know something you don't know", has there been any hint of the Board's intentions or possible candidates? Or even if someone with a footballing background is advising the Board on this appointment?

One would imagine that the so far, so strangely anonymous, Director of Football would be a key actor.

What's Steve Clarke actually achieved, though? Pedro's got much better credentials than Clarke.

He'd one good season as manager of West Brom and other than that very little of note as a manager. But as a number 2 and a coach he's highly regarded in football apparently, certainly the list of clubs he's coached at is pretty impressive. He must have learned something during his time as Mourinho's assistant. It's about expectation, I'd have been very disappointed if we'd appointed Stevie Clarke, but he's a decent appointment for a club like Kilmarnock. I'd say the same about PC, his CV would have made him an interesting appointment for Killie, doesn't make him Rangers material though.