Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I really hope we go for Michel Preud'Homme. The guys CV is excellent. Has worked in other countries. Has brought success to teams who haven't had success in many years and looks a madman. His CV is better than any of the others mentioned. Pedro wasn't the best candidate for the job. This guy to me looks the best candidate for the job.

A point about pundits here and down south. Their knowledge base is really only here and down South. They don't look to the continent. So let them be Xenophobic and let us appoint the best candidate to get our club back to where it belongs. Its not a boys club for Kenny Miller and Wallace. They are professionals and should act as such in front of the new boss be he British or foreign.

I see Michel Preud'Homme has applied for the job. His CV vastly superior to Derek McInnes I'd suggest.

There are any number of prospective managers who know the square root of fuck all about Scottish football and, like it or not, this is the midden we play in. We can't afford another game of speculation. The next manager needs to know what's in store for him BEFORE he takes the job. If he doesn't, it won't matter how good his pedigree.

There are any number of prospective managers who know the square root of fuck all about Scottish football and, like it or not, this is the midden we play in. We can't afford another game of speculation. The next manager needs to know what's in store for him BEFORE he takes the job. If he doesn't, it won't matter how good his pedigree.

What is in store for him? A piss poor league and far more resources than everyone else bar one team? I don't care where our manger is from or what his background is. I just want to see us back to some semblance of what we used to be.

That's why I suggested the likes of Preud'Homme should get a Scottish assistant.

McInnes managerial CV boasts just the old 1st division with St Johnstone nearly 10 years ago & a league cup with the sheep when they beat Inverness on penalties 4 years ago.

I don't know about you but I'd expect a bit more than that from an applicant for the Rangers managers job

Edited by RANGERRAB

It’s Derek McInnes’ to turn down but Graeme Murty is in the frame to take over at Rangers

Author: Danny Stewart and Sean Hamilton, 29 October 2017

DEREK McInnes is set to get first refusal on the job of Rangers manager.

With funds understood to have been found by the Ibrox club to deal with the compensation issue, the Aberdeen manager could move as early as this week.Director of Football Mark Allen has assembled a list of possible candidates to succeed Pedro Caixinha, who was sacked on Thursday.

But it is very much headed by McInnes.

He signed a new, three-year deal at Pittodrie in the summer, and the Dons could be looking for as much as £1.5m in compensation should Rangers swoop and McInnes decide Ibrox is for him.

After steering the Dons to a 2-1 win over Ross County, McInnes said: “My focus was just on today’s game.“I’m happy to deal with speculation, but it has never come to anything in the past.“My players and my staff’s focus was clear today in terms of trying to win the game.

“I’m not really wanting to comment too much as I would rather talk about the great response we got after the other night.“I don’t think it’s hard for players when there’s other talk in the background. Having been a player myself, it was always about your own professional pride.“We’re well used to speculation here, whether it’s about our players or whether it’s about myself.“We have dealt with that in the past and we’ll continue to deal with that.”

Should McInnes turn Rangers down, as he did with Sunderland, don’t rule interim boss Graeme Murty out of the running.

That was the conclusion to be drawn after a win over Hearts yesterday under his charge that could scarcely have gone any better.

“I will sit in front of you guys and prep the team until I am told otherwise,” he said.“It’s a fantastic honour and a real pleasure to work with players like this, who take tactical and technical instruction really well and then go and deploy it once they go onto a football pitch.”

But would he take the job permanently?.

Murty replied: “I would find it difficult to turn it down, but I didn’t come north of the border to become Rangers manager.“I came to further my career and concentrate on being excellent and improving every day.“Where I end up will be a consequence of my personal standards on a day-to-day basis.

“I’ve got to say I didn’t enjoy this game as much as I enjoyed the previous ones.“But the feeling at the end – the collective euphoria of gaining a good result for the football club – is something you never want to lose.”

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/its-dels-to-turn-down-but-murty-is-in-the-frame/

" Rangers do not intend to speak to Michel Preud'homme about the Ibrox managerial vacancy, Sky Sports News understands.

Reports in the Sunday Mail suggested that the Belgian had already spoken with the Scottish Premiership side, looking for a long-term replacement for Pedro Caixinha after he was sacked last week.

But Sky Sports News understands Rangers are targeting a manager who has a firm knowledge of British football, with their ideal candidate having experience in Scotland.

Preud'homme's agent Ugi Canturk was quoted as saying: "We've had a nice conversation with Rangers and everything is open.

"Michel has been offered a job at Mechelen but that is on hold. We have said that as long as there is no decision yet from Rangers, we don't want to block ourselves.

"Michel is honoured that Rangers would consider him because he sees them as a huge club. They have been down for a few years, but in Europe Rangers are still a big club. So we'll wait to see what they decide. "