Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

02/03 - Klos, Numan, Amoruso, Moore, Ricksen, Ferguson, Arteta, Lovenkrands, De Boer, Mols, Caniggia.

Literally a plank of wood could win the Scottish title with that team.

I concede that Eck has shown some ability to come into a new role and gee up the team he has. However, he has consistently proven time and time again that he's incapable, both tactically and in terms of player acquisition. We would be as well bringing Ally back. Neither have anything to offer the world of football management.

Thats one of the times and advocatt had failed twice in a row with that team.

We cant afford either or give them the platform they will desire.

We either pick an unknown up and coming manager or a tried and tested scottish one.

Weve tried up and coming twice now.

I would again but this one has to know scottish football.

We should have tried harder for McInnis the way they have bounced back from the fiasco around our approach and beating them twice is highly impressive.

Why does he need to know Scottish football? What's so special about it? How come every Scottish team gets pumped in Europe if you need special knowledge to compete against Scottish teams?

Worst manager in our history was Scottish and knew the club better than me and you put together. It means absolutely nothing. We aren't special or different, just like every other club with demanding fans we expect to get a return on what we spend.

What we need is someone who knows how to mould a club from being an absolute mess into a functioning unit.

Won't happen for 500k

The man to build our club back up should be the most expensive employee in our history. We should be looking to bring in the most experienced manager we can possibly attract, not absolute nobodies like mccinnes.

The board need to remove king and anyone else thinking the past is the way forward from decision making positions.

Unfortunately Looking like another couple years of infighting on the horizon.

Only reason king wants someone who knows the club is so they don't try to change anything, and excuses of its worked in the past will cut it.

Heaven forbid we put together a better plan then spending way more than we need to too achieve mediocre returns, while funding this pointless spending spree on the back of guaranteed European money. Same idiotic business plan as Murray had.

Our problems in our running, and while we would all rather not, we have to address it first and foremost. Pretty much every major position at the club is held by an amateur, we have nobody of an industry note in any position and seem confused at how this produces amateur results.

My fear is that the board are sitting on their hands, hoping that results continue to go in our favour and that this will keep fans on side.

Its a flawed strategy, yet each and every missed opportunity is costing us a chance to put them under more pressure.

Why does he need to know Scottish football? What's so special about it? How come every Scottish team gets pumped in Europe if you need special knowledge to compete against Scottish teams?

Worst manager in our history was Scottish and knew the club better than me and you put together. It means absolutely nothing. We aren't special or different, just like every other club with demanding fans we expect to get a return on what we spend.

What we need is someone who knows how to mould a club from being an absolute mess into a functioning unit.

Won't happen for 500k

The man to build our club back up should be the most expensive employee in our history. We should be looking to bring in the most experienced manager we can possibly attract, not absolute nobodies like mccinnes.

The board need to remove king and anyone else thinking the past is the way forward from decision making positions.

Unfortunately Looking like another couple years of infighting on the horizon.

Ain't that the truth.

I have been pondering the 'special qualities' of Scottish football, for some time -all of 5 minutes- and I have identified these traits:

-it is physical: you have to, as they say, 'earn the right' to actually play football (man's game, etc.)

-technical coaching is derided (man's game, etc.)

-skill, even modest skill, is the exception rather than the rule (man's game, etc.)

-'parking the bus' is the height of tactical sophistication

-officiating is among the very worst in Europe: in a 3rd world country it would likely be put down to bribery

-it doesn't really have much time for johnny foreigner, with his fancy Dan ideas, practices (man's game, etc.)

-it derides johnny foreigner's idiosyncratic use of English, which it takes to indicate his stupidity/general uselessness

-it thinks that you require to be steeped in it to prosper

-the media subscribe to, support, and preach all of the above

Oh, it's 'special', right enough: 'special' in the way that the 'special' Clinic is 'special'.

Edited by Uilleam

Ain't that the truth.

I have been pondering the 'special qualities' of Scottish football, for some time -all of 5 minutes- and I have identified these traits:

-it is physical: you have to, as they say, 'earn the right' to actually play football (man's game, etc.)

-technical coaching is derided (man's game, etc.)

-skill, even modest skill, is the exception rather than the rule (man's game, etc.)

-'parking the bus' is the height of tactical sophistication

-officiating is among the very worst in Europe: in a 3rd world country it would likely be put down to bribery

-it doesn't really have much time for johnny foreigner, with his fancy Dan ideas, practices (man's game, etc.)

-it derides johnny foreigner's idiosyncratic use of English, which it takes to indicate his stupidity/general uselessness

-it thinks that you require to be steeped in it to prosper

-the media subscribe to, support, and preach all of the above

Oh, it's 'special', right enough: 'special' in the way that the 'special' Clinic is 'special'.

First time this week I’ve smiled on this forum ?