Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

The board have said Murty will be the manager until January, so that won't happen.

You'd expect the humping at Tynecastle to be a serious boot up the *rse for Celtc....which might not bode well for us.

I honestly think a good manager could see us run them close this season and we could be in with a shout for 55 in 2018/19.

We cant afford either or give them the platform they will desire.

We either pick an unknown up and coming manager or a tried and tested scottish one.

Weve tried up and coming twice now.

I would again but this one has to know scottish football.

We should have tried harder for McInnis the way they have bounced back from the fiasco around our approach and beating them twice is highly impressive.

We cant afford either or give them the platform they will desire.

We either pick an unknown up and coming manager or a tried and tested scottish one.

Weve tried up and coming twice now.

I would again but this one has to know scottish football.

We should have tried harder for McInnis the way they have bounced back from the fiasco around our approach and beating them twice is highly impressive.

If he wanted it he could have had it!, he bottled it!.

Aye both times he won the title ?

02/03 - Klos, Numan, Amoruso, Moore, Ricksen, Ferguson, Arteta, Lovenkrands, De Boer, Mols, Caniggia.

Literally a plank of wood could win the Scottish title with that team.

I concede that Eck has shown some ability to come into a new role and gee up the team he has. However, he has consistently proven time and time again that he's incapable, both tactically and in terms of player acquisition. We would be as well bringing Ally back. Neither have anything to offer the world of football management.

A good manager could run them close.

We need a new manager pick me up before playing them.

A good manager couldn't run them close with this team. We hardly have anyone worth anything. A good manager, however, would have spent the summer expenditure much more prudently. Our problems extend far beyond the manager though. Shit trickles down and shit it all we're going to get with this board.

Could it be Tony Pullis ,I would hope not .

I saw various people on RM creaming over the prospect of Pulis. Personally if we're going to dream big with unobtainable managers, I'd want someone that doesn't play rancid football.

If we were going to splash out for an EPL level manager who plays 'iffy' football, I'd have loved to have seen Big Sam. The guy plays rank football largely (though better than Pulis), but he's already taken Everton into the top half.

The fact of the matter though is the Aberdeen manager has just turned us down, so EPL managers used to multi-million pound contracts aren't going to be looking at us.

Michel Preud'homme has openly said he wants the job. Why are we not going for him? Lots of experience, won loads of trophies and a track record in European football too. Restricting our managerial search to a nation known for being useless at fitba (Scotland) makes little sense to me.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy