Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Murty has overseen some very good results and some very bad ones. The players seem to like him.

I just want a successful Rangers and still harbour doubts about him. I expected about 2 points from the games against the sheep and Hibs, so I'm not a critic....I'm just not getting carried away.

Murty has overseen some very good results and some very bad ones. The players seem to like him.

I just want a successful Rangers and still harbour doubts about him. I expected about 2 points from the games against the sheep and Hibs, so I'm not a critic....I'm just not getting carried away.

The problem with appointing interim or caretaker managers is that you have to be careful they don't accummulate a better record than the guy who eventually takes over.

That is, unfortunately, where Rangers are at just now

Did you expect an interim manager with the same squad as his predecessor to suddenly deliver perfection?

Why do people go from one extreme to the other?, if you praise a player/manager you get accused of being OTT!, if you criticise a player/manager the same happens!, nobody is saying Murty is a great manager!, what is being said is he is handling the job excellent and deserves praise!.

Why do people go from one extreme to the other?, if you praise a player/manager you get accused of being OTT!, if you criticise a player/manager the same happens!, nobody is saying Murty is a great manager!, what is being said is he is handling the job excellent and deserves praise!.

Thats it. Plus dont give him the added pressure of being permanent manager, Just let him continue what he is doing.

I am beginning to wonder if the Club actually is actively pursuing a new manager/head coach with a view to an appointment in the New Year.

My reading is that the Fitba' Board was given its head and Caixinha was installed, the Main Board consenting; when that appointment ended in disappointment, as some kind of quid pro quo, David King was given -or insisted upon- leeway and pursued McInnes (although I wonder just how subtle and assiduous this doomed attempt at seduction was); now, after these adventures, there may be difficulties in gaining consensus about the very way forward, never mind agreement on an actual candidate.

Edited by Uilleam

It shows how far we've fallen that a guy who endured back to back defeats against Hamilton and Dundee is actually being talked up to be our permanent manager.

Yep, we have fallen into second place after beating close rivals Aberdeen twice and Hibs away. :eek2: With an ever weaker squad. Some may call it free-fall ...

Yep, we have fallen into second place after beating close rivals Aberdeen twice and Hibs away. :eek2: With an ever weaker squad. Some may call it free-fall ...

It's pointless us talking to each other. We are never going to agree on anything.

Rangers being in second place is nothing to be proud of.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy