Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Thats one of the times and advocatt had failed twice in a row with that team.

I've probably said it before here GS, I'd no time for Advocaat. Spent an absolute fortune in relative terms and did nothing outside Scotland.

But Eck just sent me to sleep and if he returned I wouldn't.

Under Advocaat we played the best football I've seen from a Rangers team and we were decent enough in Europe. We lost to very good sides and also had some very credible victories.

But he did spend a fortune and MON had the measure of him.

Under Advocaat we played the best football I've seen from a Rangers team and we were decent enough in Europe. We lost to very good sides and also had some very credible victories.

But he did spend a fortune and MON had the measure of him.

Advocaats problem was, he thought he was Napoleon. Things weren't going right onfield and he stood there listening to the crowd baying and did nothing.

I began to wonder if he knew what substitutes were for.

Why does he need to know Scottish football? What's so special about it? How come every Scottish team gets pumped in Europe if you need special knowledge to compete against Scottish teams?

Worst manager in our history was Scottish and knew the club better than me and you put together. It means absolutely nothing. We aren't special or different, just like every other club with demanding fans we expect to get a return on what we spend.

What we need is someone who knows how to mould a club from being an absolute mess into a functioning unit.

Won't happen for 500k

The man to build our club back up should be the most expensive employee in our history. We should be looking to bring in the most experienced manager we can possibly attract, not absolute nobodies like mccinnes.

The board need to remove king and anyone else thinking the past is the way forward from decision making positions.

Unfortunately Looking like another couple years of infighting on the horizon.

We should splash out for quality.

Ain't that the truth.

I have been pondering the 'special qualities' of Scottish football, for some time -all of 5 minutes- and I have identified these traits:

-it is physical: you have to, as they say, 'earn the right' to actually play football (man's game, etc.)

-technical coaching is derided (man's game, etc.)

-skill, even modest skill, is the exception rather than the rule (man's game, etc.)

-'parking the bus' is the height of tactical sophistication

-officiating is among the very worst in Europe: in a 3rd world country it would likely be put down to bribery

-it doesn't really have much time for johnny foreigner, with his fancy Dan ideas, practices (man's game, etc.)

-it derides johnny foreigner's idiosyncratic use of English, which it takes to indicate his stupidity/general uselessness

-it thinks that you require to be steeped in it to prosper

-the media subscribe to, support, and preach all of the above

Oh, it's 'special', right enough: 'special' in the way that the 'special' Clinic is 'special'.

Yet brittish managers have always done better in it

Is it perhaps more difficult to get right than people imagine

I recently put a bet on Ange Postecoglou at big odds to be our next manager but like any manager at any club it's a gamble, you don't really know if it will work out, only time will tell.

I followed a few teams in the world cup qualifiers, Australia being one of them and they just qualified through the play offs. They don't have any superstars but he played a system with what he had available to him. After reading a few more articles on him I don't think he would be right for us but who is the right man for us?

We are being linked to Tony Pulis and I would be very happy with him, another gamble of course and his style is perhaps not the greatest to watch but he gets results and think he would do well up here. No top class manager would do any better as there is not much funds available, he would play to our strengths and that is what we are doing wrong. We have tried the possession and passing style but without the right players its not going to work.

I would certainly take a gamble on Pulis at this time and no one else sticks out for me at this time.

I have said that Ronald Koeman will be the next Dutch coach but the KNVB said they will not make a choice until February. Whether this is a curve ball I have no idea but If Koeman is offered a good job then I doubt he will wait until February.

I recently put a bet on Ange Postecoglou at big odds to be our next manager but like any manager at any club it's a gamble, you don't really know if it will work out, only time will tell.

I followed a few teams in the world cup qualifiers, Australia being one of them and they just qualified through the play offs. They don't have any superstars but he played a system with what he had available to him. After reading a few more articles on him I don't think he would be right for us but who is the right man for us?

We are being linked to Tony Pulis and I would be very happy with him, another gamble of course and his style is perhaps not the greatest to watch but he gets results and think he would do well up here. No top class manager would do any better as there is not much funds available, he would play to our strengths and that is what we are doing wrong. We have tried the possession and passing style but without the right players its not going to work.

I would certainly take a gamble on Pulis at this time and no one else sticks out for me at this time.

Postecogliou just signed for a J League team. Hard luck.

Pulis would be short-termist though I can see the temptation. Suspect the board are also torn between trying to build something sustainable and the need for instant results and that’s led to indecision (pure speculation, of course).

Postecogliou just signed for a J League team. Hard luck.

Pulis would be short-termist though I can see the temptation. Suspect the board are also torn between trying to build something sustainable and the need for instant results and that’s led to indecision (pure speculation, of course).

I just seen that, it wasn't a big bet and like I said after reading more about him I wasn't too keen. The one thing that stood out was he seemingly doesn't like pressure!!

The standard of Scottish football is terrible and just now we are so easily bullied by all the physical teams here so we need some leaders and tougher players which I think the likes of Pulis get and would have worked with in the past.