Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

He hasn't ever had to coach in as poor a league as Scottish football though.

McLaren or McInnes ? Can't believe I am saying this, but I would take McLaren every day of the week.

I dont doubt his coaching skills as a No.2 as Sir Alex recommends him. But i dont think he has a strong enough personality to deal with being Head Coach at Rangers.

Strong rumours on FF that all is not well between Allen and the board and there could be a parting of ways shortly.

An omnishambolic mess.

The club has a lack of leadership all the way from the boardroom, to the day to day senior management, to the 'political' communications, to the lack of a manager, to the playing squad.

All this underpinned by a financial black tunnel that the above circumstances and incompetence make it difficult to envisage seeing any genuine light for the forseeable.

As it stands, I doubt any decent and intelligent manager who does his due dilligence will want the job,...unless they are simply desperate for a job.

--------------

The board need to take a decision on Mark Allen and if it is a parting of the ways and they want a DoF in prior to the appointment of a new manager, then get it done. Looks to me as though it'll be another fudged split decision that will be an odds against bet chasing the losses.

Let me start by saying I have no opinion on Steve McLaren either way,however I don’t think some are being very unfair to him on here.

He was a great number 2 to Ferguson who tried hard to keep him at Man U.

He went to Boro’ and gave them their best ever seasons reaching the UEFA Final in the process.

He went to Holland and managed Twente to their first ever title splitting the Ajax,PSV , Feyornood cartel.

His first stint with Derby he had them flying ,agreed there has also been some downtime’s too.

However he is reputed to be liked by players and respected as a coach.

At this stage we are almost at the beggars can’t be choosers stage ,I would also respectfully say some of our fans need to realize just where we are now ,we are not the colossus we were say, ten years ago.

Personally I want a manager in now and if the rumours are true about Mark Allen I would say to our board why have a DOF then go against his recommendations, it defeats the whole purpose of having a DOF in first place.

Let me start by saying I have no opinion on Steve McLaren either way,however I don’t think some are being very unfair to him on here.

He was a great number 2 to Ferguson who tried hard to keep him at Man U.

He went to Boro’ and gave them their best ever seasons reaching the UEFA Final in the process.

He went to Holland and managed Twente to their first ever title splitting the Ajax,PSV , Feyornood cartel.

His first stint with Derby he had them flying ,agreed there has also been some downtime’s too.

However he is reputed to be liked by players and respected as a coach.

At this stage we are almost at the beggars can’t be choosers stage ,I would also respectfully say some of our fans need to realize just where we are now ,we are not the colossus we were say, ten years ago.

Personally I want a manager in now and if the rumours are true about Mark Allen I would say to our board why have a DOF then go against his recommendations, it defeats the whole purpose of having a DOF in first place.

In some ways, McLaren reminds me of an 'English Eck'.

A guy who obviously knows a lot about the game, has some notable chapters in his CV both positive and negative, their best work was years ago and more recently are fading to grey....or in McLaren's case, to Hair Island.

Plus, they have both shown that they are big on personal PR and making excuses to a scale beyond the norm.

If Rangers were to appoint McLaren, he'd be lucky to last 12-18 months.

Pulis will be a cert for Swansea now after Clement just got sacked. Im quite glad about that, Pulis style of football is terrible.

On SSN Swansea say they are "not considering Tony Pulis as a candidate". Even Swansea don't want him!

On SSN Swansea say they are "not considering Tony Pulis as a candidate". Even Swansea don't want him!

you certainly don't like him :)

If I was at a club at the bottom of the league he is THE man I would want, Swansea are bottom trying to play good football with Clement and it certainly didn't work did it.

The main thing now for them is to survive and he certainly has the pedigree to do that IMO.

Edited by johnnyk

If you think Dick Advocaat failed spectacularly, you have very high standards!!

For the money he spent it was really spectacular. Two leagues out of four with those squads against much poorer SPL sides and a Celtic just recovering from near bankruptcy is pretty poor.

Not only that, the money he spent was literally stupid. 5.5m for Kanchelkis at his age with no way of getting anything back, making huge losses on players like Amato without giving them a chance, wasting something like 1.5m on the best England U21 player with him hardly playing a game etc. etc, etc.

We went from having money in the bank to dramatic downsizing after he left and DM having to put 50m into the club as well as something like 20m from Dave King and 15m from Joe Lewis. Although I suppose some of it went on the Stadium and training centre.

However, I think without Advocaat, we'd have probably been able to pay our way out of the EBT snafu. His legacy is where we are now.