Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Passed it on weeks back . King has led the push for Mccinnes from day one and has had smith, McCoist, ferguson and miller back his choice. The DOF has also came round to agreeing with king no surprise.

He has been told to go ahead with his choice but the funds must be made available by him beforehand. In the meantime park and Co have went about identifying other options as a back up and hope of changing Kings mind. It's all been amicable, no fights or anything just positions stated with clarity.

It's believed by King that McInnes has a buy out clause of £750k that can be activated when paid in full.

Jeezo. Time for King to show some badly needed leadership. Park & co need to understand this isn’t like appointing the manager of a bus depot, this is the managers position at Rangers we’re talking about & the chairman should always have someone in mind to replace the boss at any time.

Clearly in this situation we should appoint Murty till the end of the season. Maybe they’re waiting for McInnes to resign & somehow negotiate a smaller fee for his contract, but there is no indication that this is McInnes’s thinking. But world class managers do not send their CVs to prospective new clubs, indeed they usually aren’t out of a job that long!

A ... wee sidenote. King is not our Chairman in the sense of SDM or even Whyte. He owns but 5% more of Rangers than the next two or three investors. It is kind of disturbing that years after we shed the "one man who rules it all" kind of leadership we've known for decades people seem to miss this small point in our current governance. Nigh every step he takes he needs to double-check with his co-directors and fellow board people.

Edited by der Berliner

I dont think we need to worry about world class managers.

What is a world class manager? How many managers have been great with one club and crap with another. Last year Chelsea looked unbeatable and Man City crap. This season the roles are turned around. Money is a huge plus in making a good manager but is not a guarantee a manager will have success.

I’ve been thinking a fair bit about this job and I was really quite keen on McInnes for a while, but that’s kind of dissipating. I won’t be upset if it is him, he might be safe and bring back some stability, dignity, etc. but I now have a sneaking suspicion that it won’t be him and I’m feeling good about that.

I have no idea who it might be, but in principle, if we can attract a better manager than McInnes, someone who’s as good as Brenda (I know, who, how much, risk of non UK, and on and on...), then I think we are in a good position. DM is going to struggle to stop 10. I have been thinking about the Aberdeen situation and if DM doesn’t come to us, I can see him going elsewhere anyway and it would be sweet if we see a dolly implosion similar to the hertz when Neilson left.

Passed it on weeks back . King has led the push for Mccinnes from day one and has had smith, McCoist, ferguson and miller back his choice. The DOF has also came round to agreeing with king no surprise.

He has been told to go ahead with his choice but the funds must be made available by him beforehand. In the meantime park and Co have went about identifying other options as a back up and hope of changing Kings mind. It's all been amicable, no fights or anything just positions stated with clarity.

It's believed by King that McInnes has a buy out clause of £750k that can be activated when paid in full.

Most unusual to have McCoist and Boyd backing King. Unheard of, I'd say, since King's reurn and non-appointment of He Who Thought He'd Waltz Back In.

Edited by SteveC