Rangers 0 v Hamilton 2 - Post match discussion

Miller isn't only a man down on the pitch and completely disrupting the formation

I agree with this part. He is all over the place and it leaves Morelos isolated.

Even when he stays in the centre forward position he is a problem. That forces Morelos to go out wide to do some work. When the ball eventually comes into the box a tightly marked Kenny Miller is the only possible target.

I agree with you. The board has made an error in sacking PC when we did. We appeared to be playing to a system for the first time in years, and although it wasn't as effective as we'd want it to be, it surely deserved a season or two to enable the manager to sort out the various positions. Pena has been dropped, and bizarrely is now being made a scapegoat by both Murray and the fans. As far as I remember Pena was the one scoring goals and developing the play in the final third. I've seen him play many times and he is a class player, despite how his movement looks sometimes. If there is anyone on here who couldn't see that, in my opinion you don't know football.

This board has had my support, and I'll always be thankful to DK for what he has done to save us, but someone really needs to take control soon and lead this club. We need strong leadership that's going to be tough enough to support a manager and give him time. I thought they would do that. There's no coincidence that the world's most successful club had so few managers. We appointed someone and then supported them. We now appoint and discard like the other unsuccessful clubs. It's stupid and counter productive. It's also a slippery slope to be perceived to be supporting a player over the manager's decisions and that's what happened here with Miller. It was poorly managed by the board (and Marty) and I'm disappointed that so-called business men couldn't see that this was a bad move. There are consequences to managing situations badly like that and we are paying the price, and will continue to do so. As fans, we are also responsible and we have to take a long hard look at ourselves. Many of our so called supporters decided to oppose the manager before he even had one game with the club. And many others decided that a few bad results were enough to merit the sack. We are not what we were once, and have a long way to go to get back to that. And yet for some that is not appreciated. I've said it many times, but the thought of fan ownership is a frightening one for me. I'd rather have a single strong leader in charge rather than having many of my fellow fans decide. There are risks of both approaches, but in my opinion the chances of a single person screwing it up is a possibility. Our fans demonstrate that the chances of the them (us) screwing it up is a certainty.

Groan . . . where did this total non-sequitur appear from ?

I agree with you. The board has made an error in sacking PC when we did. We appeared to be playing to a system for the first time in years, and although it wasn't as effective as we'd want it to be, it surely deserved a season or two to enable the manager to sort out the various positions. Pena has been dropped, and bizarrely is now being made a scapegoat by both Murty and the fans. As far as I remember Pena was the one scoring goals and developing the play in the final third. I've seen him play many times and he is a class player, despite how his movement looks sometimes. If there is anyone on here who couldn't see that, in my opinion you don't know football.

This board has had my support, and I'll always be thankful to DK for what he has done to save us, but someone really needs to take control soon and lead this club. We need strong leadership that's going to be tough enough to support a manager and give him time. I thought they would do that. There's no coincidence that the world's most successful club had so few managers. We appointed someone and then supported them. We now appoint and discard like the other unsuccessful clubs. It's stupid and counter productive. It's also a slippery slope to be perceived to be supporting a player over the manager's decisions and that's what happened here with Miller. It was poorly managed by the board (and Murty) and I'm disappointed that so-called business men couldn't see that this was a bad move. There are consequences to managing situations badly like that and we are paying the price, and will continue to do so. As fans, we are also responsible and we have to take a long hard look at ourselves. Many of our so called supporters decided to oppose the manager before he even had one game with the club. And many others decided that a few bad results were enough to merit the sack. We are not what we were once, and have a long way to go to get back to that. And yet for some that is not appreciated. I've said it many times, but the thought of fan ownership is a frightening one for me. I'd rather have a single strong leader in charge rather than having many of my fellow fans decide. There are risks of both approaches, but in my opinion the chances of a single person screwing it up is a possibility. Our fans demonstrate that the chances of the them (us) screwing it up is a certainty.

Fan ownership doesn't mean fan run, we employ the people with the right calibre and experience to run and manage it for us, same as Dave King owns the club but doesn't manage the football team.

Groan . . . where did this total non-sequitur appear from ?

Really? That isn't obvious to you? I'll assume you're serious and respond. We have fans who react to each and every bad result and immediately want change. There appears to be little or no appreciation for the situation we are in at the moment, or that teams take time to build, even with unlimited funds available. I'm just looking for a sensible person to run our club with a bit of understanding in these matters. I don't see that coming from our fans. The hysteria is more likely to kill us off than save us. Is that any clearer for you?

Fan ownership doesn't mean fan run, we employ the people with the right calibre and experience to run and manage it for us, same as Dave King owns the club but doesn't manage the football team.

Of course I know that, but what happens when we have our next bad results against Celtic or European minnows? Those same fans that appoint the board then demand that they resign. Don't you think that would happen? Honestly now ....

"at times, football is football"? Yes - but what we have are systemic, repetive failings and we don't play in a country where "football" is any kind of the real thing.

Continually missing chances to score is not bad luck; it is bad play, and bad play that has gone unaddressed for far too long. Scoring goals from decent chances is a basic footballing skill, many would say the most basic and the most important. We are shite at it, as we are at many other basic footballing skills. We routinely miss the target or put it close enough to the keeper for him to save when there is no need to do so. Then we ludicrously laud their keeper for having a "world class game", week after week. In Scotland. Aye, right.

We are in an atrocious league, truly abysmal in fact, and, alas, we fit right in. Support apart, we are a useless team from a useless league. The Europa Cup ahows year in, year out where Scottish football is. We even managed to be more embarrassing than the rest of the SPFL there.

And there comes the time that the constant barrage of players from the fans should turn to a more reasoned level. Right now it is beyond parody that the manager and his team who hits post and bar twice each and has a keeper barely stopping the ball on the line gets slaughtered for "not being good enough". A few inches stopped Morelos from a hat-trick, but folk like you claim we should "learn basic skills"?

Perhaps it escapes people - time and again - that it is far more difficult to score with 5 or 8 defenders in and around the box, than haring down the opposite end with some speedy wingers and strikers against a couple of centre-halfs, a scenario we face every other week. Not least when the quality we have at our disposal is not able to break these walls as easily as some seem to think it is. Dire as it might be, if teams are out there playing behind the ball with 8 or more players, teams that are used to do that, it needs a certain quality to beat that on a weekly basis. We don't have that and probably haven't had that for the best part of two years. Essentially, we have daggers and people berate them for not being swords capable of cutting "the enemy" down. And if the players are done with, people go on and berate the board for not being able to supply us with the swords.

As I said, at times, people should take a step back and think about where we are and what we have got. Far too many seem to have returned to expectation levels valid 7 or 8 years ago. We sure have every right to expect better from our club, but we should also keep an eye on what is actually possible. Be that player- or manager-wise.

BTW, and people will sure laugh it off as it is far simpler to simply slaughter us, I haven't seen a team suffering from ill-luck in front of goals in decades. You sure need to work hard and make your own luck, but it should even itself out. Yet, that is not the case. Instead, you see Lafferty score a worldy that he won't repeat this season or our defender is that inch too late to stop Templeton from scoring. It happens time and again to be simply dismissed.

It needs to be repeated (though I think you know it): Dave King owns 15% of the company's shares, not 51 or more. He is just our chairman, no more, no less.

Of course I know that, but what happens when we have our next bad results against Celtic or European minnows? Those same fans that appoint the board then demand that they resign. Don't you think that would happen? Honestly now ....

Of course you will have argument and debate amongst the support, be a strange support if we agreed on everything all the time, that's why you put structures put in place that stops ''The Committee'' hiring and firing on a daily basis. If directors are going to run a business on behalf of the owners, they are going to be given assurances they are allowed to make the day to day decisions running the business, AGM's are for changing those decisions.