Rangers 0 v Hamilton 2 - Post match discussion

dB:

Your positive outlook is fine but we need not go back ten years to find the last time we lost a game at Ibrox we should have won.

What happened today now happens at Ibrox more often than not. That's a huge issue and there's no glossing over it.

Where am I being positive? I don't gloss over it either, but at times, football is just football. As you say, it is a huge issue, yet it should be tackled with reason and not what goes on above.

Edited by der Berliner

We gave them 2 goals today, not good enough nowhere near it.

Plus we missed a barrow load of really easy chances. That cannot be overlooked.

We've played 13 league games this season & our main strikers have scored just 9 league goals between them. Morelos has 6 , Miller has 2 & Herrera has 1. Put simply, that is just not good enough.

Whoever the next manager is has to sort that out either by getting more from the strikers we've got or by recruiting

Edited by RANGERRAB

dB:

Your positive outlook is fine but we need not go back ten years to find the last time we lost a game at Ibrox we should have won.

What happened today now happens at Ibrox more often than not. That's a huge issue and there's no glossing over it.

What about in August of this year when we lost to Hibs. That game should have been in the bag, Beaton or no Beaton.

Plus we missed a barrow load of really easy chances. That cannot be overlooked.

We've played 13 league games this season & our main strikers have scored just 9 league goals between them. Morelos has 6 , Miller has 2 & Herrera has 1. Put simply, that is just not good enough.

Whoever the next manager is has to sort that out either by getting more from the strikers we've got or by recruiting

As I said above, against the likes of Hamilton we can easily switch to 3-5-2 and try to dominate the midfield. I could even live with Miller in a secondary striker slot behind Morelos and Herrera, as we should load the box to start converting the chances we create. Love him or hate him, but a certain Joe Garner would have lingered in and around the 6 yard area looking for scraps, today the crosses passed this area with hardly anyone in sight. And I actually don't want to see a Windass or Holt chasing these balls. A striker needs to be there. As Frankie said elsewhere, Herrera has been massively under-used thus far this season.

As I said above, against the likes of Hamilton we can easily switch to 3-5-2 and try to dominate the midfield. I could even live with Miller in a secondary striker slot behind Morelos and Herrera, as we should load the box to start converting the chances we create. Love him or hate him, but a certain Joe Garner would have lingered in and around the 6 yard area looking for scraps, today the crosses passed this area with hardly anyone in sight. And I actually don't want to see a Windass or Holt chasing these balls. A striker needs to be there. As Frankie said elsewhere, Herrera has been massively under-used thus far this season.

I don't understand why we need 4 defenders and a defensive MF player when we play the likes of Hamilton & Partick thistle at home.

Play 3-5-2 or something else which will get us more goals

What about in August of this year when we lost to Hibs. That game should have been in the bag, Beaton or no Beaton.

I'm sorry but I have to totally disagree. Beaton cost us that game by not sending off Stokes then sending off Ryan Jack, a decision later rescinded by the CO

Edited by RANGERRAB

At least today will hopefully dispel the notion that Murty would be a worthwhile appointment. Today showed what we already know - we are a woeful football team. The problem is, regardless of whom the board appoint, we're going nowhere. I see on other forums a prevailing notion that we need to go back to basics and that all that matters is getting a strong Rangers team together that can get back at the tims next season. What we really need is a root and branch clearout and a complete overhaul of our archaic infrastructure. The Scottish national side is exactly the same. Whilst the current board are infinitely better than the previous one, which accounts for little given the last willingly wished to do us harm, they've shown nothing to suggest they're fit to be running our club. The current board is looking increasingly like the one that instigated the original mess. All we're missing is DM.

We need to look at Iceland, what Sean Dyche has done at Burnley etc. Invest in youth, apply strategic planning. For as far back as I can remember we have been a complete mess of a club. I couldn't really give a fuck if Celtic win the next few titles because at this rate it's happening regardless. We need to finally get savvy and develop a sustainable long term plan. Something focusing on youth, global scouting and playing football the way it is intended. We play in one of the worst leagues in world football, yet we have one of the largest supports. It really shouldn't take much to get us back to some sort of respectable position. What we really need is a Fergus McCann type and in typical Scottish fashion, it seems only blind luck will find it.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Where am I being positive? I don't gloss over it either, but at times, football is just football. As you say, it is a huge issue, yet it should be tackled with reason and not what goes on above.

It's not that you're positive. It's that you instantly take a particular side of an argument to the point that your opinion just becomes formulaic and utterly irrelevant.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy