We Deserve Better - Rangers v Aberdeen

I get the impression this result was at least partly down to the referee and I don't mean he was doing us any favours, he was simply doing his job. For example Christie was surprised at the red card because he like everyone else in this league has seen from day one that you can grab our players and throw them to the ground or even break their noses but still stay on the park.

He was startled that wasn't applying to him.

Edited by JFK-1

Excellent performance !

Formation worked but it was more down to the determined attitude and workrate.

(Note that in 14 matches, celtic have now dropped as many points as they did in the whole 38 games of last season)

Excellent performance !

Formation worked but it was more down to the determined attitude and workrate.

(Note that in 14 matches, celtic have now dropped as many points as they did in the whole 38 games of last season)

We should be a point behind them.

Indeed we shoukd be several points ahead of them. We have dropped 12 points to utter dross and 3 to a cheating ref.

That was great. I was sure our attack would be useless when I saw the team.

We managed to get Tavernier and Windass playing very well. Decent performances from Miller and Peña also.

I think Windass must be suited to playing more centrally. Perhaps this formation is the way forward.

Mustn't forget to acknowledge Ryan Christie and Gary Mackay-Steven. Surely a special night for both of them. :)

Millers touch was still awful.

We should be a point behind them.

Indeed we shoukd be several points ahead of them. We have dropped 12 points to utter dross and 3 to a cheating ref.

I just don't get why this team is so inconsistent. I was always confident that we had a far better squad than the sheep but the inconsistency just perplexes me. We should win again on Sunday because the sheep are utter shite who win matches by simply playing hoof ball while out muscling the opposition.

It fell apart for them against Motherwell recently because they're playing the same game and did it better on the night. We're a footballing side who haven't consistently played as we can and should.

Murty did this last time. Inherited the mess from MW and took three of four games to fix it.( then Pedro arrived)

Now he's inherited a mess from Pedro. Tonight he showed he can make effective changes and get results. The team looked totally different & played much better.Playing three CB's & three central MF players made us harder to play against.

If I were a Rangers director or chairman I'd maybe be a wee bit worried about appointing a manager who's just been out-thought by ur U20 development coach.

The main thing that tonight has shown is that we HAVE some decent quality, and we have a team capable of winning games...and winning well.

The only thing lacking is consistency.

Players were doing their jobs....I noted in an earlier comment that Miller was staying in a more forward area, which is where he should be. There was one particular bit when we were defending a set piece & Miller came back to defend - he was taking charge of the defensive line....that should be Alves's job - in that area of the pitch, Miller does as he's telt.

As usual Miller worked his socks of, but little of note as a result of it. I would have liked to have seen Herrera brought on a lot earlier than he was. The game was effectively won, so why not bring the guy on & let him get some 1/2 decent game time?? Same goes for Hardy...why only give him the last 10 mins??

All in a very good performance, now they need to not just repeat on Sunday, but carry on with the same level of attitude, commitment & performance. If they do that, who know what might happen......