We Deserve Better - Rangers v Aberdeen

I looked at the formation and thought we were in for a long night. But that is what belief and passion can do. That lot out there tonight fought for everything like there was no tomorrow and you would hope they can carry this on from now on. I wouldn't mind changes to the formation on Sunday, but that's for another day.

Grand performances from McCrorie and Holt in midfield. Windass ran his socks off and was denied a goal by the flag. Alves and Wilson solid, John too. Any greater concerns about Pena's or Herrera's level of fitness should be gone now. Pena sure adds a dimension to our game (and goals), you wonder how he would work with Morelos instead of Miller. The Old Fox was his usual self, in and out of it, poor touches and bad, but again gave his all.

This is sure something we can work with!

NB: What did the linesman saw with the 3rd goal? A deflection of the Aberdeen defender? Methinks at least two of our chaps were offside?

NB II: Christie's got some gall debating his second yellow with the ref! And whatever happened to Shinnie when he left Rangers? Every time we play them it's like the red mist descending on him ... and he is aggression pure?

NB III: Good job by the ref (bar Alves' yellow, maybe):

NB IV: Thanks to Fortune for looking our way tonight!

I thought they were offside as well but Boyd and Commons seemed to think they were onside. They said if you look good a part of the Aberdeens players body was playing them on. I think he must have had an erection.:)

McCrorie, Holt and Pena all get a huge thumbs up from me.

Pena played well but to be honest I also saw 2 sides to him. I saw him sprint back 50 meters trying to catch an Aberdeen player. Unfortunately I also watched him let an Aberdeen player he was marking walk into our box without following him. All the negatives over him have been relaxed though until his next bad game.:)

The main thing that tonight has shown is that we HAVE some decent quality, and we have a team capable of winning games...and winning well.

The only thing lacking is consistency.

Players were doing their jobs....I noted in an earlier comment that Miller was staying in a more forward area, which is where he should be. There was one particular bit when we were defending a set piece & Miller came back to defend - he was taking charge of the defensive line....that should be Alves's job - in that area of the pitch, Miller does as he's telt.

As usual Miller worked his socks of, but little of note as a result of it. I would have liked to have seen Herrera brought on a lot earlier than he was. The game was effectively won, so why not bring the guy on & let him get some 1/2 decent game time?? Same goes for Hardy...why only give him the last 10 mins??

All in a very good performance, now they need to not just repeat on Sunday, but carry on with the same level of attitude, commitment & performance. If they do that, who know what might happen......

I totally disagree with that. Miller was pulling the Aberdeen defence all ways allowing room for the midfielders to get in behind. Herrera is a totum-pole and so simple to mark.

I totally disagree with that. Miller was pulling the Aberdeen defence all ways allowing room for the midfielders to get in behind. Herrera is a totum-pole and so simple to mark.

Miller ALWAYS puts is a shift....but he was meant to be out main striker tonight - how many shots did he get on goal??? 2 goals from the RB, and one from Attacking midfield. From memory Miller had one 1/2 chance shot a goal, which he fluffed.

For a Rangers striker, that ain't anywhere near good enough. It's great that he's dragging defenders around, but he needs to be scoring. When he's doing that, we rely on everyone else doing his MAIN job for him.

... and here was me thinking that Herrera pulled the defenders away from the area when Windass got us level at Dens Park on Saturday. The main problem with Miller is that while he does that, his touch seems tohave gone far to often AND, as a striker, you would like to see him in a striker's place when flanks and crosses come in.

... and here was me thinking that Herrera pulled the defenders away from the area when Windass got us level at Dens Park on Saturday. The main problem with Miller is that while he does that, his touch seems tohave gone far to often AND, as a striker, you would like to see him in a striker's place when flanks and crosses come in.

I notice you are still loathed to praise Tav dB? He was the outstanding performer tonight and a worthy MOTM. He had no Candeias either. Playing what was effectively three at the back was genius from Murty!

I notice you are still loathed to praise Tav dB? He was the outstanding performer tonight and a worthy MOTM. He had no Candeias either. Playing what was effectively three at the back was genius from Murty!

To be honest I don't think Rangers could have pulled this off if Alves and McCrorie were not so dominant. Some of the long balls from Alves were millimetre perfect.