Aberdeen Statement - McInnes to stay at Aberdeen

It could be that McInnes wasn't the board's first (or even second) choice. It may be they turned to him when other candidates became unachievable. If so, we're likely now to hear the barrel being scraped and can look forward to some spectacular uninspiring news.

Or the board could be about to prove McInnes was merely a clever diversion and appoint Jose Mourinho tomorrow.

I’m still not entirely convinced we have heard the end of this. Who in the world with any ambition at all would stay in a dead end like sheep land when they had such an offer. It just doesn’t ring true.

Honestly think the guy has bottled it. First Sunderland now Rangers. He is nicely tucked up in his comfort blanket at Aberdeen & has no ambitions for anything else! Unless he fancies the Scotland job..

Draw a line under that and move on. He is silly though, he wont get another chance to manage Rangers.

I think Ian on here has said numerous times he was never convinced McInnes would be Rangers manager - a minority I think. Good call! Im fine with the decision we will get much better.

Edited by Gribz