The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

20 posts and I have yet to read something positive about us. But you will manage that ...

in the context of the club what is there to be positive about?

look into anything at the club even slightly and your left with the unmistakable truth the club is f""""d.

Tried to look into the new scouting department recently to cheer myself up but that was a disaster. Guy running it hasn't ever even been a scout or worked as a scout! What chance have we got, with decisions like that being made?

would be laughable if not so depressing

20 posts and I have yet to read something positive about us. But you will manage that ...

Thanks for that really helpful advice, i'm getting a pair of those rose tinted specs that you wear ,for my Christmas, so look out for some positive stuff soon. :happyxmas:

Thanks for that really helpful advice, i'm getting a pair of those rose tinted specs that you wear ,for my Christmas, so look out for some positive stuff soon. :happyxmas:

No, buy yourself a glass that you can leave half-empty first. The point is that some folk apparently can't see anything but negativity and if questioned, seem to think that those questioning them just assume everything is fine. Which is obviously rubbish. It hardly is "just a shambles from top to bottom" though. For if that was the case, we would be penniless somewhere between 8th or 12th place.

Games like today show what we have been missing for the better part of 3 years now, a leader on the park, people who take up responsibility, and folk willing to run themselves into the ground. We had 11 Killie chaps doing the latter and that was enough. Games like today also show why we need a Naismith or Murphy, and indeed a Jones. People who get us over the line in such games. It is very much a testament of our recent luck that a guy like Dorrans is injured just now, someone who could add some steel to the attacking midfield.

No, buy yourself a glass that you can leave half-empty first. The point is that some folk apparently can't see anything but negativity and if questioned, seem to think that those questioning them just assume everything is fine. Which is obviously rubbish. It hardly is "just a shambles from top to bottom" though. For if that was the case, we would be penniless somewhere between 8th or 12th place.

Games like today show what we have been missing for the better part of 3 years now, a leader on the park, people who take up responsibility, and folk willing to run themselves into the ground. We had 11 Killie chaps doing the latter and that was enough. Games like today also show why we need a Naismith or Murphy, and indeed a Jones. People who get us over the line in such games. It is very much a testament of our recent luck that a guy like Dorrans is injured just now, someone who could add some steel to the attacking midfield.

So Alves isn't a leader then.

I admire your loyalty dB but games today and against Ross County, Dundee, Killie at Ibrox and Hamilton show we are sh*t. Killie are a decent team but we weren’t at the races. At least recognise the fact mate.

So Alves isn't a leader then.

He can sure organize a defence. Kicking midfielders and attackers into motion and get them playing is not exactly his job though ... and probably never has been. I would assume, Ronaldo does it more often than not for Portugal.

Walterbear

I admire your loyalty dB but games today and against Ross County, Dundee, Killie at Ibrox and Hamilton show we are sh*t. Killie are a decent team but we weren’t at the races. At least recognise the fact mate.

What shall I recognize here? I've said it time and again and in this thread probably half a dozen times too.

Still, have a look here and note that we sure know how to play these teams: https://rangers.co.uk/matches/

... but of late we've been lacking against the lesser sides. People blame that on various things, me included. It is most likely a combination of various factors, but as it stands the players simply fail to rise to the challenge, do not call up their potential and are obviously unable to change things on their own. Hence we do - right now - need someone to fix that in the engine room and attack. In days gone by what had 11 leaders on the park, these days we have someone wearing the armband.

Edited by der Berliner