The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Would take Naismith back he could be the link we need between defence and attack IMO.

Getting on, but still better than ANYTHING we have. Those who wouldn't want him back do so, IMHO, because of nothing other than his "exit interview".

Getting on, but still better than ANYTHING we have. Those who wouldn't want him back do so, IMHO, because of nothing other than his "exit interview".

For me, it's more a case of looking forward, not backwards.

Naismith had his spell at the club and jumped ship. He did well when he was here, but would he do well again??? There have been many examples over the years of players joining us to see out their careers, all the while receiving generous pay packets and at times giving little in return. From memory he's also quite injury prone - certainly been out for a large part of this season with ankle ligament problem. 32 apps (5 goals) for Norwich since signing in Jan 2016 - thats not a whole lot of games.

QPR interested in Gers youngster Hardie

By West London Sport 21/12/2017

QPR are monitoring Glasgow Rangers’ Scotland Under-21 striker Ryan Hardie.

The 20-year-old, whose contract expires at the end of the season, is among several youngsters being considered by the R’s as a potential signing.

He has made 12 Scottish Premiership appearances for Rangers, scoring twice, and has had loan spells at Raith and St Mirren.

Hardie scored three league goals in 16 outings for St Mirren and six in 18 for Raith.

The majority of his senior appearances have been as a substitute.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-interested-scotland-21-forward

The biggest problem for Hardie IMHO has been the lack of confidence the various managers have had in him, so he gets and got very little playing time with the first team. He does it regularly for the Academy teams, but with the managers prefering the one-up-top option with a favourite, how should he get on? Will Miller's injury open a slot for him? As I noted with Pena, Herrera and kranjcar, we should have arranged a few friendlies to get these chaps some game time and up to speed with the rest. As it stands, they remain bit part folk who will be thrown in against different opposition with different people about them and then getting slaughtered for not hitting the ground running or misplacing the odd pass.

Here's a report from the St. Mirren game of late ...

U20: Rangers 5-4 St Mirren

ANOTHER strong performance from Rangers’ under-20s saw them defeat a St Mirren side packed with first-team stars on Tuesday indoors at Ravenscraig.

In a highly entertaining encounter, Ryan Hardie scored twice early-on as Gers flew out of the traps. The striker’s first came from an excellent ball from Matty Shiels while his second was all about anticipation, latching on to a short Gregor Buchanan pass-back.

With the quality the Paisley outfit possess in their ranks, they were always likely to cause Gers problems and they were handed a route back into the game when Lewis Mayo tugged back Nathan Flannigan inside the area.

Up-stepped the vastly experienced John Sutton to stroke the ball home beyond Aidan McAdams. Rather than feel sorry for themselves however, Rangers regained the initiative in the game and strode further clear before half-time.

Hardie this time turned provider, setting up Cammy Palmer for number three before number four came from Matty Shiels. He firstly won a McAdams clearance in the air before playing a neat one-two with Hardie before finishing beyond the goalkeeper.

4-1 became 5-1 just after the interval, with Hardie making it a hat-trick. Jordan Thompson’s through pass found the striker in acres of space, and again he retained his composure to finish to ensure he would be leaving Ravenscraig with the match ball.

Former Ger Darryl Duffy pulled one back on the hour mark to bring the scores to 5-2, with that goal seemingly rejuvenating the Saints who hammered in further goals from Cammy McPherson and Ross Stewart to set-up a nervy finish.

Rangers held firm however to ensure they emerged victorious from the game.

RANGERS: McAdams, Houston (Bradley, 45), Wilson, Mayo, Shiels (Atakayi, 59), Thomson (Zata, 74), Palmer (Dallas, 45), Thompson, Kelly, Rudden, Hardie.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/u20-rangers-5-st-mirren-4/

But who knows, Andy Dallas might be the next Hardie in our u20s squad?

For me, it's more a case of looking forward, not backwards.

Naismith had his spell at the club and jumped ship. He did well when he was here, but would he do well again??? There have been many examples over the years of players joining us to see out their careers, all the while receiving generous pay packets and at times giving little in return. From memory he's also quite injury prone - certainly been out for a large part of this season with ankle ligament problem. 32 apps (5 goals) for Norwich since signing in Jan 2016 - thats not a whole lot of games.

The difference is that Naismith is a Bear. Loves the club. Worked his ass off when he was here. a true workhorse...some would say "aye ok, but that was then". I would say "who can we afford, that understands us, is better, and can make us more competitive". He may be getting on but I think he would be better than anything THEY have as well. He is still a quality player who can break the lines between midfield and forwards... and... if he actually wants to come back to us would cost us little in transfer fees and wouldn't break the wage structure... all at the same time as adding better quality than anything we presently have.

It amazes me how many of us are prepared to cut off our noses to spite our face.

Naismith loves our club?

He has a funny way of showing it.

He was ill advised. I was sure most everyone knew that.

Anyone that knows him or his family know their allegiances. You choose to decide otherwise on a poorly convened interview at a time when it was a complete clusterfuck around our club... and also at a time when it was convenient for the new owners to allow people like Naismith to leave anyway as it saved them money. People like Naismith were nothing but pawns in the Charles Green deception..... yet too many of us try to make everyone out to be the perpetrators.

A

He was ill advised. I was sure most everyone knew that.

Anyone that knows him or his family know their allegiances. You choose to decide otherwise on a poorly convened interview at a time when it was a complete clusterfuck around our club... and also at a time when it was convenient for the new owners to allow people like Naismith to leave anyway as it saved them money. People like Naismith were nothing but pawns in the Charles Green deception..... yet too many of us try to make everyone out to be the perpetrators.

My major concern about re-signing Naismith is whether he's past his best now.

Also why isn't he playing forNorwich ? If he's injured then I think we need to look elsewhere too